Chapter 2

Published: December 20, 2018
Rewritten: September 7, 2022

Jin announced that dinner was ready, calling you all into the kitchen to fix your plates.
"We're so lucky." Namjoon commented, piling extra meat on his plate. "It's not often that Jin cooks."
"This is a special occasion." Jin stated. "We've finally got some time off and we get to see our friend again, so I thought it was only appropriate to cook. Just don't count on me to do it again."
"Y/n, you wanna join me and Taehyung on the patio? The sun is about to go down and it's really pretty outside at night." Hoseok mentioned.
"Yes I do. That sounds really nice."

After you fixed your plate, you followed Hoseok and Taehyung outside to their rooftop patio just in time to see the sunset.
The bright sphere was just disappearing, dipping below the skyline as the stars were making their appearance, twinkling dimly in the slowly darkening sky.
"Hey guys!" Yoongi's voice called from behind you all, grabbing the attention of the three of you.
You turned around and saw the second oldest shuffling over to the group with a plate of food in his hands.
"Ah, Yoongi decided to join us!" Hoseok beamed happily.
He laid out the small blanket he brought with him before you all took a seat and started eating.

"Jin is so good at cooking." You praised as you went in for another large bite of food.
"Yeah, I wish I could cook." Yoongi said.
"You can. You're the grill master." Hoseok mentioned.
"I can attest to that." You nodded, causing Yoongi to smile, bashfully.
"I can make instant ramen." Taehyung grinned, proudly.
"That doesn't count." Yoongi mentioned.
Taehyung shot him a glare in response.
"Sure it does. You have to cook the noodles." You countered. "Sometimes you boil an egg to go with it or add green onions."
"Ha!" Taehyung did a little hair flip, proud to have at least a little cooking skill.
Hoseok made some comment about Taehyung not ever adding things to his instant ramen, causing him to argue back.
"Sometimes I do."

"Hey, Yoongi?" You turned to the dark-haired male while Hoseok and Taehyung were engrossed in their own conversation.
"Hm?"
"You're not mad at Jimin for giving me pajamas, are you?"
Though the gift was a sweet gesture, you didn't want Yoongi to be angry. You disliked it when the guys were mad at each other.
"No, not really. It's just that we all wanted to give you a pair of pajamas because you're our friend and we like you. We want to give you all sorts of cool things, but we hold back because, well, you'd have a lot of stuff if we did that."
You couldn't help but chuckle at that last part.
"I guess I just hate that he went behind our backs." He finished.
"I'm sure he had a reason." Hoseok supplied, looking at Yoongi after hearing part of the conversation.
"Yeah. I'm sure he did, but it's okay. It's over and done with now."

A feeling in your gut told you there was something you didn't know about, but chose to drop it and not dwell on it for too long. If they didn't want you knowing, it was probably for the best.

After that, things became a bit quieter as the four of you finished eating, stacking your dishes together once you were done.
"I'll go take our dirty dishes." You offered.
"No, I'll do it." Hoseok insisted, getting up off the blanket.
You didn't argue and allowed him to take the plates and silverware back inside.
He returned quickly and got back in his spot on the blanket. He had with him his Mang pillow, which he used to rest his head on.

"Ah, just in time to gaze at the stars." He smiled. "Lie down, guys, you can see the sky better that way."
"Y/n, you can lay on me since you don't have a pillow." Taehyung offered, patting his tummy.
"Are you sure?"
He nodded and laid down. You moved over and rested your head on his stomach, turning your gaze up to the sky. Yoongi made himself comfortable next to you with his head resting on Taehyung's thighs while Hoseok repositioned himself next to Taehyung, letting you and Yoongi rest your legs over his.
"Look, the Big Dipper!" Hoseok pointed. "Or is that the Little Dipper?"
"I'm pretty sure that's the Little Dipper." Taehyung spoke.
You sighed and stared up at the stars, finding a few that connected, possibly belonging to a bigger constellation that you couldn't see. They really are beautiful, twinkling and bright, dotting the dark blanket above. You were so calm and content in that moment, lying under the stars with some of your best friends. It couldn't get any better than this. Well... maybe if Jimin was out here.

You've had a crush on him for a while now, though you love all the boys. It's no secret they're all handsome, and you'd date any one of them in a heartbeat, but the feelings you have towards Jimin are much stronger than the ones you have for the guys. With them, you have your moments of getting a bit shy, especially when they do or say certain things, but with Jimin, your heart races every time you're together and you find yourself getting nervous around him, sometimes unable to hold conversations. It's a classic textbook case of a good old-fashioned crush.

"Y/n?"
"Y/n, hellooooo?"
You blinked a few times as someone waved their hand in front of your face. "What?"
"Looks like someone was daydreaming." Hoseok giggled. "Who's the lucky guy, huh?"
"It's no one." The hesitance in your voice definitely gave it away. "Who even said I was daydreaming about a guy?"
"It's dark out and I can see you blushing."
"Hey, why don't we just watch the stars, okay?" You suggest in a pitiful attempt to change the subject.

It was quiet for a moment before Hoseok spoke up again, seeming to change the subject.
"I just love our BT21 characters."
"Me too." Taehyung agreed.
"I love that we got the opportunity to make adorable characters similar to us. It feels really personal."
"Mhm." Yoongi agreed.
"They're like our children." Taehyung chuckled.
"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if they were real? I'd love to hang out with Mang. I bet he's cool."
"Ah. Don't be talking nonsense, Hoseok." Yoongi waved his hand dismissively.
"I'm serious. What if they were real?"
"I mean, I guess it would be pretty cool."
"I'd love to be able to hang out with Tata." Taehyung chimed in.
"I'd like to hang out with all of them." You spoke up. "I've watched the little animations on YouTube and I often find myself wishing they were real."
"See? Tae and Y/n are on board."
"This is such a silly and nonsensical thing to talk about. It's impossible. They're animated cartoons." Yoongi mentioned.
"Go ahead and crush our dreams." Taehyung frowned, feigning sadness.
"You're a child."
"At least I'm not a grandpa like you."
"Hey now, don't fight." Hoseok interjected sternly, smacking them both lightly on the arm.
"I'm older than you, you have no right to smack me. Have you never heard of respecting your elders?"
"I don't care." Hoseok huffed.
"Alright, alright." You chuckled. "Let's enjoy the view."
Thankfully, the three boys listened to you as silence settled over the group, everyone now focused on the glimmering stars above.

A sudden and brief flash shot across the sky, disappearing as quickly as it appeared.

Hoseok gasped. "Woah! Did you guys see that? It was a shooting star!"
"I did!" Taehyung nodded. "Let's make a wish."
"I wish our BT21 characters were real." Hoseok spoke his wish aloud.
"Yeah. Me too." Taehyung agreed.
"I wish I could get some good sleep tonight." Yoongi murmured.
"Don't we all." You sighed.
"I hope my wish comes true." Hoseok whispered.

You could feel someone running their fingers through your hair. Glancing over, you saw it was Taehyung. You didn't mind it at all, so you let him continue, enjoying the feeling. You were already beginning to get drowsy and Taehyung running his fingers through your hair doubled that.
Before you knew it, you had dozed off.

"She's so cute when she's sleeping." Whispered Hoseok.
"What do I do? I can't move and I don't want to disturb her." Taehyung began to fret, as you had fallen asleep on his stomach.
"I could just carry her inside." Yoongi suggested, quietly.
"Yoongi, you can't even carry yourself."
"Psh. I can too."
"Guys, let's just get her up." Hoseok cut in, putting a stop to the banter.
"I can't really do anything. She's asleep on me."

At the sound of voices, your eyes slowly opened, your sleepy gaze falling on Hoseok and Yoongi who were currently leaned over you.
"What are you doing?"
"Well, we were trying to execute a plan to get you inside and not wake you." Taehyung answered.
"You could have just woken me up. I wouldn't have cared. What time is it?"
"10:00."
"I should probably go home."
"What?" Hoseok frowned.
"You could just stay the night." Yoongi suggested.
"I'd love to, but I think I'll pass this time. I've got things to do at home."
"What things?"
"I've got a ton of house work to catch up on. I'm so behind it's not even funny."
Yoongi let out a sigh, seeming disappointed. "Fine. Maybe some other time, then."

You got up from the blanket and went inside where you said your goodbyes, thanking the boys for such a fun night before heading home.