Chapter 8

Published: June 9, 2019
Rewritten: September 7, 2022

Standing in one of the aisles of the local convenience store, you scanned the shelves and tried to figure out what to get for the newly arrived guests. Using the limited knowledge you have on the characters, you perused the store, grabbing anything you thought they would enjoy.

You picked up some juice boxes and made your way to a different aisle where you grabbed some chips, instant ramen and other snacks. You found some coloring books and decided to buy some, thinking it would be fun for them, and maybe it'll keep Shooky from trying to draw on the other's faces. As you scanned the shelves you spotted some tea, immediately thinking of a particular alpaca.
"RJ would love that." You said to yourself as you grabbed a small box for him.

You made your way down the other aisles to see if anything grabbed your attention. You weren't sure what the cute little characters would like. You just keep thinking about what each of them enjoy based on what you've seen online, using the BT21 Instagram as a sort of checklist for the gang.
You still can't believe you're shopping for animated characters. Shaking your head, you continued down the aisle. After not finding anything else, you checked out and left the store. As you headed down the street, you spotted a sporting goods store, making you stop for a moment. Cooky doesn't have any dumbbells to use. You quickly headed into the store and scanned the exercise aisle. You weren't sure what weight dumbbells you should get. You started to get five pound weights, but you thought Cooky would want some heavier ones since he likes a challenge. So, you ended up buying ten pound weights instead.
After leaving the sports store, you saw a food truck selling churros. You grinned,  immediately thinking of RJ. You stopped and bought a large order of the sweet treats before heading back to the dorms.

As soon as you walked through the door, Chimmy came running over.
"Y/n!" He cheered in his adorable voice.
He latched onto your legs and started rubbing his face against them, resembling more of a cat rather than a puppy. Moments later the other six came running into the living room and latched onto you as well, nearly knocking you over. You were so busy trying not to fall down, you didn't notice Shooky had managed to climb up your leg and was trying to look inside the shopping bags in your hands.
"Oh no you don't." You chuckled, jerking the bag away. "I need you all to get off me for a second."
They immediately obeyed and released you, sitting on the floor staring up at you with excited eyes.
"Y/n? You're back."
You looked up and saw Hoseok walking into the room.
"Where'd you go?"
"Out to buy some gifts for these guys." You grinned.
At the mention of gifts, all the BT21 characters started jumping up and down, unable to contain their excitement.
"Wait wait wait." You chuckled, reaching into the bag. "Okay. First off, I got you guys some snacks and coloring books." You placed the bag on the ground and let them look through it, pulling out the coloring books and flipping through the pages.

"Cooky."
The pink bunny looked up at you.
"I got these for you." You handed him a box that contained the dumbbells.
He gasped and started opening the box.
"Woah!" He exclaimed as he pulled out one of the weights. He quickly set it down and hugged you tightly as a way to say thank you.
"You're welcome, bud."
He pulled away and grabbed the dumbbells with ease before running out of the room laughing excitedly.

"RJ?" You called.
The alpaca looked up at the sound of his name.
"Come here."
He walked up to you and tilted his head to the side expectantly.
"I got you something."
His eyes got bigger as he waited patiently.
You handed him the large bag of churros you purchased earlier. He gasped and let out an endearing noise, his mouth hung open and you could see him starting to drool.
"They're for you. All of them." You said, holding the bag out.
He let out a happy noise before grabbing the bag and pulling a churro out, devouring the whole thing in seconds. He hugged you tightly and offered you one of the churros in return. You couldn't possibly turn him down, politely accepting the treat and taking it from from him.
"Oh, and this too." You handed him the box of tea.
He let out more endearing alpaca noises and hugged you again.
"Y/n, I can't believe this. That's so thoughtful." Hoseok praised as he watched the lovable characters with their new goodies.
"I mean, they need stuff to do while you guys are at practice or doing interviews, and since they just magically appeared, none of them have any items of their own."
"Yeah. Now that you mention it they always had their own things in those pictures that were posted online. They had their own dance studio and their own bedrooms. Do you think those things exist too? If they exists wouldn't you think that BTPlanet exists and they have a place to live?" Hoseok voiced his many questions.
"Honestly... I doubt it. You wished for only the characters to be real. I think if their possessions and house existed, they'd be wanting to figure out where it is, don't you think?"
"That's a good point. They also wouldn't be living with us if they already had a house."
"Right." You nodded.
"Oh. Jimin has been waiting for you to get back. He won't shut up. Ever since you left he's been moping around in his room saying, 'I wish Y/n would come back. I miss Y/n. I hope she's safe.' Seriously he wouldn't stop talking. Right, Chimmy?" Hoseok asked, turning to the pup who was sitting on the floor looking at a coloring book.
The small yellow dog nodded, confirming what the dancer had just told you.
"I'm sure he wasn't too worried." You waved Hoseok's comment off even though it had you feeling a bit flustered.
"He was. He really wanted you to come back and hang out with him some more."
"Oh."
"You go and see him. I'll put all this stuff away." Hoseok volunteered, nudging you towards the hallway.
You didn't really have time to respond, only stuttering out a quick thanks.

Slowly, you made your way down the hallway towards Jimin's room. Small thumps on the floor could be heard behind you, making you pause. Something bumped into the back of your legs and almost knocked you over. You let out a quiet oof in response and turned around to see which little fellow had bumped into you. Chimmy stood at your feet, looking up at you with round eyes.
"Oh. Hi Chimmy."
He held his arms up, reaching for you. You breathed out a short laugh and picked him up off the ground before walking up to Jimin's bedroom door. You slowly turned the knob and stepped into the room.
Jimin was lying on his stomach with his face in a pillow, so he didn't see you walk in. As soon as he heard the door open, he jumped up.
"Y/n!" He grinned brightly.
"I hope you didn't wait too long. I bought some goodies for the BT21 gang."
"Ah, don't worry about me. I didn't wait too long. Come and sit with me." He beckoned, scooting over.
You walked over and took a seat beside him with Chimmy still latched onto you, cuddling as close as he possibly could.
"I'm sorry he's so clingy."
"It's fine." You stroked Chimmy's ears with a warm smile. "I don't mind. I like his clinginess."
Jimin smiled softly.
"It's getting dark out, the stars will be going soon. Should we head to the patio?" He asked.
"Absolutely. I'll gather the pillows."