𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎. 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗱𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲

✩┊# 𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗜𝗧 𝗔𝗙𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗦 ༻¨*

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX❝ 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚 ❞

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
❝ 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚 ❞

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

      IVY MYUNG HAD ALWAYS been sensible. She knew how to act and she knew when someone was using her kindness to their advantage. Her mother taught her all those years ago, when she first got into acting, that she should never let anyone walk all over her. But although she could recognize those traits, she was also taught to be polite. And sometimes, it's better to let things happen than to cause a fight. 

      Since her fight with Rob, which was a few weeks ago, she hadn't questioned his intentions. It was summer now and she was willing to relax and let everything blow over. She kept her mouth shut for the majority of the time. When Rob shrugged his shoulder after she told him her mother surprised her by inviting Niall to a lunch date with her and her sisters, Ivy took a deep breath and continued to chop the onions for dinner.

      Even when Rob's parents had flown out to his newly renovated Los Angeles home and he told her he wouldn't be seeing her for several days, she didn't push. She had been perfectly accommodating. She assured herself Rob wasn't a bad guy. He had been in shitty situations in the past, so he wouldn't intentionally try and hurt her.

      Now, at that very moment, she sat on the stone area, with her feet dipped into his pool. Rob rested on a wooden bench, pressed against the house, a couple of feet away on a phone call. He was talking to a friend of his, Sam. They joked about and Ivy just twisted her ankle in the water out of boredom. Lately, it felt like her fiery wit had died down. That saddened her.

      Last week she went out to her parents' house and sat on the back deck one night and her father poured her a cup of jasmine tea and took a seat beside her. He looked at his daughter as she stared out at the land beyond them. 

      "I'm quite knowledgable, you know?"

      "Mhm?" She was dragged out of thought and looked over at her dad.

      "Ivy, I don't know what is going on with you and that Rob man, but I do know you harbor some sort of feelings for him."

      "Dad—"

      "Be careful. Please be careful." Song's eyes pleaded. It was a beg from a father, yearning to protect his little girl.

      "You don't know how it is."

      "I may not know what the dynamic between the two of you is behind closed doors, but I do know how you were after your greatest heartbreak." Of course, it all looped back to Niall. "Ivy, you are a grown woman, I know this, but he is a lot older. He has lived longer, he's gotten around, I'm sure. Are you sure you both want the same thing?"

      "I know what I'm doing." She had grown annoyed. 

      "I don't think you do. Because you are not that kind of girl Ivy. You don't keep secrets, you don't hide things from your family."

      Her voice came out harsh, "I'm not hiding anything!"

      "Well, you sure as hell aren't telling us something."

      "I'm not obligated to tell you every aspect of my life."

      "But that's the thing! You have never once felt the urge to keep your life from us. We have had no unspoken words in this family. We always had that sort of respect for one another."

      "This is about respect now?" She scoffed.

      "No, but maybe it should be. Because you clearly don't have much respect for yourself if you're letting him treat you this way."

      "Rob and I have a great relationship, thank you very much."

      Song nodded slowly, "Then go tell your mother about that relationship you two have." When she didn't say anything else he continued, "Exactly. We don't keep things from each other in this family. I thought we established that a long time ago."

      The next morning Ivy left her parents' home and hadn't spoken to her father since. He had no clue what was going on between her and her boyfriend. Rob wanted to protect their relationship from the public, that was all. They both knew how relationships in Hollywood played out. When the world knew, it never worked out. 

      When Rob got off the phone, Ivy felt his eyes on her. She heard him get up and make his way over to her. He was soon sitting next to her. His hand fell to her bare thigh. She felt her body draw closer to his. Her head rested on his shoulder.

      "Your birthday is coming up."

      "Less than a month."

      "Clear your schedule that week."

      Ivy sat up and faced him. She had a wide grin spread across her face. A pink hue tinted her cheeks, "What are you doing, Pattinson?"

      "It's a surprise." He leaned down and kissed her cheek. "A surprise for, my girl."

OLIVIA'S OPINIONS
hey y'all it's been a while!! i want to say a few things:

thank you all so much for 200k. when i started this book last year i didn't even think for a second it would get more than a couple hundred reads. i'm so grateful for each and every vote and comment. i love reading your comments btw they make my day.

i just want to thank you all truly from the bottom of my heart. i have an unhealthy attachment to these characters. ivy is the love of my life. ember is basically me but cooler. effy is my little millennial. the love and support that has come in recently (thank you batman release) has been insane. love you all so much and i'm literally posting this and getting back to writing more for this!!