SEVEN VOWS (Ch-14)

The golden luminosity of that sacred fire was reflecting on her teary face.
She was sitting beside that vicious man but her gaze was only on Kavya and Kavin sleeping on the chairs peacefully infront of her eyes.

"Now apply this vermilion on her hair partition",...

As per the priest's advice Tarush gripped her jaw and turned her face towards him.

She closed her eyes welcoming her destruction when he applied the red vermilion on her hair partition harshly.

She had no idea why Tarush was forcefully marrying her

She had no idea why Tarush was forcefully marrying her. She was even unable to mustered up her self esteem to ask him about the reason after witnessing his craziness when he fired the bullet towards her siblings.

Eventhough he was sitting calmly but she could sense it was the calmness before the storm.

She flinched when his rough fingers brushed against her skin while tieing the nuptial chain around her neck.

Tarush got on his feet after getting the instruction from the priest. It was the time for "Saat Phere"(seven circumambulation, an essential part of Hindu marriages).He pulled her up and started walking around that sacred fire while dragging Kaveri by her arm.

Kaveri had cried enough. No tears were left in her lifeless eyes. She was very much tired of her cruel fate. Her dignity was already destroyed but her more precious, her kavin and Kavya were still there and she could do everything just to keep them safe snd happy.

Priest started explaining them about those seven vows which had to taken along with the seven
circumambulation around that sacred fire.

FIRST VOW

Groom has to Promise: "Om esha ekapadi bhava iti prathaman.

(You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare, happiness for you and our children).

The Bride complies in return: "dhanam dhanyam pade vadet".

(I am responsible for the home and all the household, food and finance responsibilities).

That priest described them the first vow.

"I Promise that I will offer you only pain and misery Kaveri",..Tarush gave a roar of rage while taking their first parikrama around that holy fire.

Kaveri as well as that priest were stunned hearing him like this. Moreover what Tarush doing was not less than any crime. But that priest choose to be remained silent regarding this matter whereas Kaveri had to obey him anyways for the sake of her siblings.