Chapter Forty Nine

(The scene starts back towards the room where Mal and Ethan are, both looking over the I-Pad on the table. The son of the Queen of Hearts smiles as he swipes the screen showing pictures of himself with his birth parents and his older brother Rafael. Each swipe capturing events that happened after the video call. A tear drop falls on the screen)

"And once again it shows that unknown room." Maleficent rolls her eyes, "Am I the only one annoyed by what that room is?"

"I think the room is something of a filler." Grimhilde said, "Like with the other effects like when the screen showed Ethan emitting hearts and sparkles when it he and Mal were getting ready for their dates."

"Big brother looks so happy." Uma smiles as she see's the pictures of the male in question in the photos with his parents, "I'm so glad."

"He deserves it." Harry grins, "He looks so adorable."

"He really does." Harmony smiles softly, "I don't think I've seen him like that ever."

"For as long as we've known him, no he hasn't." Edith adds, "He's finally found peace and love of a family."

Mal- (Concerned) Are you alright big brother?

Ethan- I-I'm fine. (He sniffles) Its just...its going to be hard. I've finally found my real family and once we get the wand, I'm going to leave them.

"You don't have to you know." Damon said, "You have a choice Ethan."

"Stop putting others ahead of yourself." Uriah turns to me, "Why must you sacrifice any happiness you find for the sake of others? You deserve to be happy."

"Uriah." I look at him and see water building up in his eyes, "I've been brought up on the concept of always putting others before myself. Such things like happiness and peace is a foreign concept to me. I've been brought up to always think of others well beings instead of my own. Its how I function."

"Function?" Jessica looks at me in disbelief, "You're a human being, not some machine that has to be programmed."

"You are so much more than that." Liam said.

Mal- You know you don't have to go through this. You can back out and stay with them.

"Even the daughter of two of the most evil villains is giving you a choice to back down." Octavia gestures to the screen, "What does that tell you?"

"It tells us that she has a heart." Aurora said, supporting Mal, "She is trying to be a hero and try to get Ethan to back down and not be a villain."

Ethan- You know I cannot. I have an obligation to the Isle and make sure they are free and happy. They are my family too and I wont abandon them.

"And after today, I don't think anyone will ever abandon the Isle." Chloe said, "Once Twitter other social platforms hear of this, it'll be all people will be talking about."

"Twenty years. We have all been so ignorant for so long." Alix scrunches her fist, "Things are going to change."

"We'll make it happen with our own hands if we have to." Marinette said as she turns to her Parisian allies who nod back.

"We'll fight for the peoples rights and freedom." Vanessa grins, "Even if we have to resort to physical means."

Mal- Big brother...

(Ethan swipes the screen showing himself with Danny, his siblings, the Core Four, and their friends)

Tears roll down my face as I remember when that photo was taken and what transpired that day. It was one of the rare days that we were all getting along and happy. We were enjoying one another's company and just being normal kids. Stuff like cultural differences or where we grew from were irrelevant to us. We were having fun like a family.