[26]

The study was crowded. There was a single chair in the middle of everyone and someone was trapped to it. Their mouth was taped shut and hands tied with shackles. The person's eyes were not normal, resembling those of a cat's. Normally in a situation like this, Magnus would have used his magic to get out but the shackles had some herbs on them which prevented his magic. That could happen, he didn't know himself. 

He knew the people who had kidnapped him- The Mikaelsons. Ivy was supposed to be with them but the way they conversed told Magnus she knew nothing. And it was verified when Ivy's cursing voice hit his ears "What the fuck?" 

The scene in front og her was unbelievable. Magnus was tied to a chair while Elijah and Kol stood in front of him and Davina and Freya set up something on the floor. Ivy walked towards the man strapped to the chair and kneeled down "What happened here?" She questioned, trying to unlock the shackles "You needed a warlock. Magnus here, did not want to come willingly." Kol provided, feeling proud of himself. 

Until, 

Ivy turned to him with a glare and Kol fell silent. Turning back to the shackles, she sighed in frustration when they didn't break using physical force. Ivy retorted to using magic. Blue power flowed out of her fingertips, turning the iron around Magnus' hands to dust. She stood back up to her fullheight and took off the tape from around Magnus' mouth "I'm so sorry." She spoke to him once the warlock stood up. "It's alright. I understand that vampires have some..." He looked for the correct word. His gaze landed on Elijah and he knew what to say "Ego issues." 

"Tell me you didn't know." Ivy turned around to face Klaus who stood leaning against the doorframe, a nervous look on his face as he slightly rocked Hope. When the hybrid stayed silent, Ivy sighed again. This time in anger and frustration along with a little sadness. She motioned for Magnus to follow her and he nodded. Walking over to the father daughter duo, Ivy grabbed Hope into her arms and glared at Klaus "Pray my brother doesn't come knocking down on your door with his arrow and bow." 

Magnus and Ivy sat on the bed with Hope sitting on the brunette's lap as she played with Magnus' fingers. She found the gold glow very fascinating. Ivy had properly introduced the two and it was safe to say Magnus was in awe of the child. "You could have told me earlier." Ivy spoke. Magnus lifted his gaze from where he was staring at Hope to the brunette and found a sad expression on her face "I should have." He admitted. 

"Then why didn't you?" 

"Because I didn't see you as Ivy Lightwood, shadowhunter and a special being. I just saw you as Ivy who I had played with when she was a child or a young girl who still had a long way to go. You were too young then." 

"And now?" 

"You aren't. When a woman becomes a mother, she has that new maturity. It's almost as if her persona has a huge shift overnight. You're not a young girl anymore, you're a woman,  a mother." He smiled at her and then seriously added "Which is why you need to think about what you do. You have a lot more to leave now. Are you sure you want to?" 

Ivy's gaze diverted to Hope who smiled up at her mother and grabbed her face with her chubby hands "I have to. It's all just a smooth ride before the storm hits." Her eyes lifted up to Magnus "And as you said, I have  a lot more now. I can't have her grow up in an enviornment of war." 

"Does he know?" Magnus questioned, not wanting to mention what in a house full of vampires. 

"No. And I don't want him to." 

Ivy put Hope in the crib since it was time for Little One's nap. She wiped her hands on a towel that sat on her shoulders and grabbed her phone, walking out to the balcony. She dialled the familiar number and the phone only rang once before it was picked up "Ivy, thank god you called, Magnus-" 

"I know Alec. He's here." 

"Here? Where?" 

"He's in New Orleans." 

"What? Why?" 

"I promise I'll explain more. But I need you to do something for me." 

"Is Magnus safe? And of course what is it?" 

Ivy took in a deep breath, steading herself "I need you to come down to New Orleans. I'm going through with the ritual hence why Magnus is here and I'll need your blood and physical presence." 

"Of course. I'll leave tonight." 

"Thank you. And there's one more thing.." 

"What?" 

"I need you to get Jace to come here as well." 

"Ivy-" Her brother started "I know. I know. But please. Klaus and Jace apparently have a connection through me and they'll need to break it." 

'And if not?"

"He could get seriously hurt. And since you're his parabatai, it'll effect you too." 

Alec stayed silent "I know it's too much to ask." 
"It's not." He interrupted her but she continued anyway "But please. I can't risk him getting hurt to a point where I don't know if he'll be alright. And it'll give me a lot of comfort if he was here as well." 

Alec sighed. He really didn't have a choice "Please Alec." Ivy pleaded again. 

"Fine. Send me the address. We'll leave later tonight." 

A/N: It's a short one isn't it? 

School had me swarmed these past weeks and I'm honestly so stressed with tests starting already. And I get distracted easily and I have like the worst time management so updates WILL be slower and I apologize for that.

Thank you for all the love you've given Ivy and Jace recently <3
I love y'all sm

Have a great day!
Thank you for reading

~Sim