[8]

A/N: So my doofus ass  unknowingly covered episode 6 and 7 in one chapter, so yeah. this is episode 8.

Ivy's outfit above <3

Oh and more spoilers from The Infernal Devices! Enjoy!

"I'm telling you V! That guy was so cute!" 
"But he couldn't see you Soph! He was a mundane after all!" 
"Why are mundanes so darn cute! Its not fair!" Izzy closed. It was obvious, Ivy was healed and it was a new day which means they were talking about boys. "Speaking of fair, how are you holding up?" Izzy softly questioned her sister. Ivy shrugged it off "My stomach hurts because of the wound and I can't do much for now but I'm fine." Izzy rolled her eyes at her sister's vague response "You know what I meant." Ivy simply shrugged again "Eh." Just then, the girls overheard Clary and Jace "And what's the second rule?" The redhead questioned and smirking, Isabelle snatched the cup out of Clary's hands with her whip "There's nothing a shadowhunter can't do in heels." Ivy announced as Izzy slowly handed the cup back to Clary who hid it in the cup. Looking at the older Lightwood. Jace felt his spirit sadden. The girl was still not talking to him and had taken to either not addressing him at all or only by 'Mr. Wayland'. The latter hurt him more. So, he walked away. "Alec, they won't be able to enter the institute." He announced as his parabatai worriedly scanned through the screens "Not without a shadowhunter invite." Ivy put in and continued "And last I remember, Valentine is a shadowhunter." Alec nodded, showing his support "Ivy's right. The cup is never gonna be safe here. We need to give it to the Clave." The redhead was quick to intervene "What? No. Not after everything we went through to get it." Jace stiffly nodded "Clary's right." And Ivy lightly scoffed 'Of course she is." Then she turned to Clary, "Look, I know how important your mother is to you. But we've been through a lot. I have been through a lot. You have been through a lot. And I certainly do not wish to die, again. And the only way to not let that happen, is by giving it to the Clave." Clary contemplated for a moment but Jace spoke up "We can't give it to The Clave. Not now. Not when it is our only bargaining chip." And for more conviction, Clary added "Look, I know how powerful this cup is. It can create new shadowhunters, Control demons and even kill a mundane. But I promise, I won't let the monster get its hand on the cup." 

"There you go, you have her word." Alec looked back at Ivy for finality and she nodded "She needs her mother, Ally." She communicated. "Ugh, fine." And Ivy smiled, practically seeing him roll his eyes. Ivy turned to Clary "If I die again, It's on you." And when Clary nodded, she motioned towards Alec "Follow him along then." And Clary ran after the boy. Taking in her duties, Ivy stood at a monitor as she scanned the city's maps for possible demonic activity "Ivy.." A familiar voice spoke. The girl clenched her eyes shut. Taking a deep breath, she turned to face a table as she spoke "How can I help you, Mr.Wayland." The said grabbed her wrist and turned her around, pressing her body between the table and him "Don't do that." He spoke as he attached their foreheads "Do what?" Ivy's voice came out, raspy. "Call me by my last name. As if you were the head of the institute and not.." But he stopped himself "Not?" She wanted him to finish, agree that he was wrong. But her hopes crushed when he didn't. Pushing him back with all her strength, which was a lot, she cleared her throat and straightened herself "Vey well then. Please do not disturb me." And before he could protest, a throat cleared and their stood Alec, with fury in his eyes. Sure, Jace was his parabatai but Ivy was his twin. And she would always come first. Thankful for the distraction, Ivy turned back to her work when she heard an alarm go off. Looking at the screen, there was a red circle outside the hollowed ground, the only area where someone non angel blooded could enter. "Someone is trying to break in." Izzy spoke as Alec observed the screen "It could be the circle" And Ivy shook her head "There at the hollowed ground. The Circle would attack from the back gate if they did not want to alarm us." Grabbing her blades, Ivy nodded at the three shadowhunters "Let's go." And they headed out.