[28]

There was laughter in the Mikaelson Compund's Kitchen

There was laughter in the Mikaelson Compund's Kitchen. Everyone sat grouped along the kitchen island, eating breakfast. Camille and Marcel had joined the group shortly and the shadowhunters had been introduced to them.

Jace felt a small sight of relief when he realised that Klaus had a girlfriend, a human therapist. All the couples sat together, Ivy, Jace and Izzy being the only ones left out in the moment. The small child sat nestled in Jace's lap and was being fed by Ivy as the brunette laughed at a joke Kol made. It felt all so mundane, domestic.

The Mikaelsons had their differences but had created many memories like these over the years and while the shadowhunters felt fairly new to the whole thing, they blended in perfectly. It wasn't a rare sight, but still a beautiful one.

Kol and Davina, a witch. Freya and Keelin, a werewolf. Klaus and Camille. Elijah and Hayley. Rebekah and Marcel, a vampire. Alec and Magnus. Jace and... Ivy.

There had been lingering touches exchanged between the two, soft smiles and secret glances. They looked like two lovesick people trying to act normal in front of their families and Jace couldn't have felt more happy. Her scent surrounded him and he was so consumed by her. She was everywhere, and not only physically. Jace felt his mind fantasize about a life with her. Married, one kid after Hope, a home near the Institute and play dates with other kids in day and demon hunting at night followed by some wild sex to get off the aderlanine. Her scent in his clothes, their room, their house and even on himself.

Jace Wayland was obsessed.

Ivy stayed behind after breakfast to clean up everything seeing as Hayley, Cami and Elijah had cooked. Izzy offered to help but one look between two lovers, she decided it was better not to. Jace sat unmoving at the table with Hope in his lap as his eyes followed Ivy's movements. A minute later, Klaus came in and silently grabbed Hope "I'll take her out on a stroll with Camille." He simply informed Ivy with a smug smirk and walked out, without waiting for a response.

Silence. Tension.

The only sounds were of the dishes being clanked together yet there was heat in the air. Ivy could feel the blonde's gaze burning holes into her body yet she forced herself to focus on scrubbing the pan. There was shuffling and she could hear him closer yet all she did was scrub the pan harder. "The pan's clean. Rinse it off."
Goosebumps.

The hair on Ivy's skin stood up and she felt herself shudder when Jace's breath hit her ear. "Right." She murmured, slightly embarrassed and rinsed off the pan, grabbing another one. Jace's finger came up, pushing the hair that obstructed Ivy's face behind her ear and nuzzled his face into her neck. The sudden contact arched Ivy's waist forward but Jace's hand came down to keep her in place and enclosed around her waist. His other hand grabbed the dish out of Ivy's and rinsed it slowly under water while the hand on Ivy's waist formed small circles on her waist. "There we go." He whispered into her ear.

Jace removed his hand from Ivy's waist and placed the pan into the rack for drying. Grabbing another dish, he started cleaning it too all while being unbothered by the close space in between him and Ivy, who, on the other hand, was tensed and flustered from the close proximity. His arms trapped her in, giving her barely any space to move as she enclosed within him and the counter. His scent was around her and her fangs almost escaped, wanting to taste him. It was getting too hard for herself to control. She inhaled deeply, big mistake, since all that happened was his scent went deeper in her nose and she wanted more.

Ivy couldn't remember when the water had been stopped, the few dishes cleaned and she had been turned around to face him. Her front rubbed with Jace's and Ivy felt herself loose control at the friction. "I missed you." He spoke. "I missed this." His pointer rang down her arm. "I missed us." His hand entwined with hers. Then, with an almost hesitant voice, he asked "Did you miss me?"

"Yes." It was an instant response. So instant that she didn't think it herself and it was like her tongue had a mind of herself. But it was true though. She had missed this motherfucker. In all honesty, she couldn't remember the last time she had been ding small things or surrounded by people or playing with Hope or just looking out the window in the evening when Klaus took Hope for 'Father time' and thought of the blonde in front of her. She'd imagine him goofing around and making her mess up what she was doing and then cover it up with a kiss. She'd imagine him keeping his hand on her thigh as he'd tease Elijah or irritate Klaus and Kol or make fun of Rebekah. She'd imagine him making her sit on his lap in the evenings with a cup of coffee and just listen to her talk nonsense and occasionally remind her to drink the liquid.

Jace connected his forehead to hers and murmured the three words "I love you Ivy." Her eyes watered and she looked up at him immediately, her hands going to clutch his shirt. "No." She whispered. "Yes." He assured. "I've hurt you too much for you to love me."

"No amount of hurt you give me could make me stop loving you. I'll take anything as long as it's from you."

The tears slipped and Ivy felt herself being hugged tighter by Jace. She fit perfectly in there, she noticed. "You don't have to say it Ivy. I just want you to know." And she nodded. She wanted him to know but she couldn't tell him. Not yet. Not like this. "Let's go out for some drinks. Come on." He wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. "You're getting a full New Orleans Tour. Let's go." She held onto his hand and pulled him along.

A/N: HI! OMG. It's been so fucking long and I apologise, that's all I've been doing lately. School, entrance exams, life... it's given me zero time to write. But sadly it'll go on like this :( I have pre boards coming up, then my entrance exam, then boards, then another entrance exam again. And my prep's nowhere done for anything so I'm worried and stressed. I'm sorry for popping on after so many fucking months.

Also, we're so close to 50K?!?!?! Thank you so much for the support <3

Have a good day/night and remember to hydrate!