[29]

Ivy had pulled Jace along with her throughout the entire tour. Her hand never left his as they navigated through the streets, around the people, in and out of shops. They'd taken multiple pictures, made multiple memories. The bright day slowly turned grey as clouds filled the evening sky, rumbling. The Lightwood girl pulled Jace around a couple kissing and into a relatively quieter street with only a few children playing at it's end. 

"Witches took refuge in this street when they were being burnt in the 1840's to 1860's. They formed a whole separate community here. Covens didn't matter and neither did anything else. You were a witch, you were here. Dark? Nature? It didn't matter. They cloaked this street for almost 30 years, never leaving here since they had a few common humans help them settle in here and so did their magic. From all over the world, those who were gifted with magic began fleeing in seek of refuge and were never denied either.  All those years, everyone came but no one left until one day, a witch went rogue. She had fallen in love with a human slave and when he was killed by a bunch of upperclassmen, she lost control of her magic and it caused the barrier to come down and the leader, the head, she was killed trying to put the cloak back up. But the humans found the street not even a year later, took down the walls and killed all the witches. Even today, spirits of over a Thousand witches remain underneath this ground and it's believed they will rise once again, when their leader is in trouble. Moral of the story, never fall for someone who isn't at your level of complications." 

Ivy could feel the magic underneath her feet, the road was hard as concrete but the power made it so so soft, almost like a cloud. Jace didn't fail to notice how Ivy's footsteps left a little white glow behind them but he didn't comment, too entranced by her beauty. With her sundress which ended just above her knee, her open hair and her light eyes. The Jordan's she had paired with the outfit, it made him want to put her against a wall and ruin the image of perfection she looked. He wanted to taint her, mark her but he couldn't. Jace hadn't kept in touch with his dark side and seeing her like this in the moment, it made it rise up. 

"You see this wall right here? It is the 'Murus Oscula' or 'Wall of Kisses' or 'Kiss the wall'. After every marriage in the community, the couple's first kiss was in front of this wall and then a ritual was performed where their bloods were drawn and mixed before being spread on the ground. It signified that they were now one and her power was his and vice versa. This was also an excuse to extract all the ancestor's power from the ground." 

"What if their first kiss was before their marriage?" Jace asked, raising an eyebrow. "Then, the witch was emptied of half the blood in her body and along with half of the man who she kissed. Their names were written in permanent ink on the wall and using a spell, the wall was painted with their mixed bloods as a way to 'erase' the sins committed. That's why there were rarely any cases of sexual assaults in the community at the time too because no man wanted his blood drawn especially considering their magic helped them heal a lot slower than the female magic. Pretty rough huh?" 

"I would've done it." Jace replied "Done what?" Ivy questioned, a confused look on her face "Kissed you before we got married." Before the raven could reply, she was pushed against the wall, her hands over her head as Jace's right hand pinned them and his left hand stayed on her waist, keeping her close. 'Jace." She breathed. "You look so pretty saying my name." He ducked his head, dragging his nose along her neck as warm breath from his mouth hit her neck. "You said you shouldn't fall for someone who isn't as complicated as you. I say you're wrong. Loving someone complicated just gives you extra parts to love, extra parts to care for and extra parts to hold at night." 

Jace brought his head upto her level, maintaining eye contact as he leaned even more closer. "Say it Ivy. End this torture for us right now please." He practically begged. There was so much anger, so much tension. "Jace." She tilted her head slightly up "Ivy." He looked down at her. "Kiss me." And so he did. 

The kiss started off hot. It was an angry and desperate kiss. Their lips fought for dominance before he let her win and her tongue pushed past his lips. Letting go of her pinned hands, he pulled her impossibly closer as her hands went to his head, disrupting his hair. When their tongues clashed, a sound left her mouth. They pulled apart for a minute, just for air. Ivy looked at his dishelved hair and hazy eyes before whispering "One more." And attaching her lips to his again. 

It went on and on and they kissed for what seemed like hours. Ivy couldn't get enough of him and each time their lips touched, they were on a mission. Hold and never let go. Be impossibly close. Stick with each other. Learn about each other. Above all, put out the fire in each other. But that wasn't the case for the fire grew and grew, demanding more and more every time. 

One last kiss, one last stroke of their tongues, one last overlapping of their lips. For now. And Ivy pushed Jace away with her humanly strength. They breathed heavily, staring at each other. They were covered in sweat and that made the appeal stronger. "We should go. It's getting dark." She heaved. He nodded, not trusting his voice. The girl stepped forward, grabbing his hand and getting out of the alley. 

Wordlessly, he followed her. Like he always did and always would.

A/N: I am so sorry that I disappeared! I've been giving tons of exams lately and  my other books had updates solely because the chapters were pre-written but I'm writing these as I go. School's finally over wow. It's been tbh, I've been reading quite some books and just chilling around the house. 

Lemme know what you guys think of the chapter! They finally kissed wow. Next few chapters, idk what's gonna happen.I'm gonna wing it lol. Also, I've realised that my chapter layouts have changed recently and I feel like that's cuz I'm more recently evolving as a writer and I've been experimenting a lot and switching stuff up. 

Thank you for reading! Have a great day/ night! 

~Sim <3