| 9 |

When my alarm goes off in the morning I can barely get up. I manage to get out of my comfortable bed and into the shower. At least the shower woke me up a little bit. I don't feel like eating so instead I have 3 cups of coffee and when Aaron finally comes and knocks on the caffeine has made its way through my system. I am more awake than ever and he seems to take notice.

"What's got you so hyper this morning?"

"Oh, nothing, just caffeine."
Aaron doesn't drink coffee so he wouldn't understand.

"Oh, gosh. How many cups did you have?"

"Three." My hands are shaking at this point. Aaron grabs them and looks me in the eye.

"No more coffee. Do you understand?"
I sigh and say;

"Yeah, fine. Let's go." I pull my hands out of his and continue to walk. Once we get to the dining room we sit and wait. I'm starting to get hungry as I haven't eaten anything yet and by the time breakfast and Juliette get here I am famished and about to pass out. I grab something off a tray not even looking to see what it is, while Aaron starts to talk with Juliette.

"Put these on."

"What are they for?"

"An aptitude test, I'll turn around just this once."

I get up and leave to stand outside the door. When she finishes he leads her out. She's wearing a tiny tank top and even tinier shorts.

"Follow me." I say.

"Sir?" Kent says to Aaron.

"Stay where you are soldier."

"Yes, Sir."

We walk through multiple doors and I even see Kenji once. I give him a small smile which he seems to notice. Once we get to the simulation room Aaron says;

"In you go."

Juliette seems to be panicking. Maybe it's from the small space or traumatic memories.

"Are you ready?" Aaron asks her once she's in.

"What am I supposed to be ready for?" she yells.

"We had a deal remember?" Aaron says.

"Oh no, what sort of deal did he make?" I think.

"Wha-?" she series to say but is cut off by Aaron;

"I disabled your cameras. Now it's your turn to hold up your end of the bargain."

"I won't touch you!" She yells.

"That's alright I'm sending in my replacement."

Nothing happens but I can tell she can see the simulation.

"If you don't save him, we won't either."

And just like that, I am watching her hold on to air and attempt to hold something in the air. She's screaming and crying and trying desperately to keep whatever she can see safe. Aaron presses a button to stop part of the simulation and she looks horrified.

"Absolutely amazing," Aaron says. "Brilliant, love. I am thoroughly impressed."

She stops looks around the room and then down at the floor. I can see rage building in her eyes. Then all of a sudden she is breaking through the wall. She has Aaron by the collar. I grab a gun from a nearby soldier's hand and point directly at her.

"Don't you dare shoot her." I can't tell if he's talking to me or the 10 other soldiers with guns pointed at her.

"I should kill you." She says.