| 10 |

The quiet is nice. It can't bother as much as noise can or as much as other people can. Tears are still flowing out of my eyes even though tonight's events happened over an hour ago. Suddenly I hear a noise. Like a twig snapping. It breaks the silence I've been sitting in. I look up to see Kenji. He's looking at me. I look him dead in his eyes and nod. He looks away and bolts. I can't tell if I'm hallucinating or if he was actually there. I'm too tired to care anyway, so I pick my body up and walk back into the building. I wipe my face off and brush off my pants. I don't feel like talking or being in charge right now so I just run to my room. When I get there I go into my office. I crawl in a corner and sob. 

"I'm going crazy."  I think. I pick up a book I'm supposed to be deciding whether to keep or not. It's the original 'Peter Pan' book. It's funny but this is my favourite book out of all the ones I've had to read. It just seems so childish and fun and carefree. Nobody has to worry about anything in Neverland. Part of me wishes I could live there. I don't know when I fell asleep or how but when I wake up I'm in my bed. 

"Aaron must've been in here."  I say to myself. I still can't believe that he has the keys to my room and I don't have the keys to his. But I guess because I'm technically second-in-command to him.  I'm not leaving my room today. My breakfast has already been delivered and it's sitting in my office. So much has happened in two weeks, and now Aaron's so distant. I don't think I can keep this up. I get up off my bed and walk to the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror. My hair is still in my bun but now it's all tangled and messy. My face is streaked with tears and my eyes are puffy and red. I turn on the cold water and splash my face. 

"Y/N." I hear from outside my bathroom door. "Can you come out? Please." 

"Who is it?" I ask. I already know who it is.

"Me, obviously." Aaron says. 

"What do you want?" I ask with anger in my voice. 

"I wanted to see how you were. You know after I found you passed out in a corner of your office."

"So you were in here, how nice." I say with more anger rising. "I don't get why you have the keys to my room and I don't have yours!" 

"Because-" 

"Oh, wait I know why!"

"Why then?" 

"Because I'm second in command here." I say.

"No, you're not." he says, denying the entire thing. 

"Yes, I am. I overheard you and Dad talking once. Oh yeah, you and Dad also have one thing in common." 

"And what's that?" He says the anger in his voice is higher than ever. He hates being compared to our father. 

"You've both never believed in me," I say the snarkiness in my voice is extremely high.

"You know what Y/N!" He yells at me. I'm surprised none of the guards outside of my door have come in to check on me and him.

"What!" I yell back at him, attempting to be louder.

"I have tried so hard to care about you. I came in this morning to make sure you were ok."

"No, no you haven't. You came in to check on me to make sure I hadn't gone out the window like your precious Juliette or that I hadn't run off with Kenj-Kishimoto!" I almost slipped up there. 

"How did you know about that?" He asks me. "We only learned that he ran this morning."

"Oh, shit, shit."  I did slip up. 
"I overheard something." I lie. 

"Lier. You knew he was running." He says his voice has gone quiet.

"Get out!" I yell at him.

"You know something!" I attempt to push him out of the room. He may only be a little bit taller than me but he's a lot heavier. I get him to the doorframe when he says;

"I'm leaving."
I stop.

"What? If you mean my room then fine." 

"We may have found out where they've been hiding."

"Like I care." I spit back at him. 

"I'm going to go get her back. Are you coming or staying?"
"I'm staying." I say a stern tone in my voice. 

"Fine. You're in charge until I get back."
With that, he leaves. I slump against the wall and slide down it. I sigh and think about everything that's just happened. If I'm really in charge for a little bit then I have to go get ready. I change my clothes and fix my hair. Aaron has left detailed plans on what I'm supposed to do. Of course. 
I finally make my way out of my room and by that time it's close to 10. I go and do the things that Aaron has left for me which only takes me two or maybe three hours. I'm sitting in my office working on today's report when I hear commotion outside. I get up and walk into the hall. No one is there but I can see a bunch of soldiers from Aaron's group crowded around the door to his room. I run down to the door and push through the group. Aaron is laying on a bed and his arm is bleeding like crazy. He's passed out and has almost 5 medics around him trying to help him. I go to his side and touch his good arm. 

"Aaron," I whisper. "Can you hear me?"

"He probably won't wake up or be able to talk just yet, Miss. Y/N."  A medic tells me. 

"Ok, thank you."
I'm so stupid. I should have gone with him. Why did I fight with him before he left? I'm lucky to have him and we're lucky to have each other. I end up falling asleep in a chair beside him.