| 11 |

I wake up still in the chair beside Aaron. I place my hand on his chest to check that he's still breathing and to my relief he is. No one is in the room at the moment so I turn to him and say;
"Aaron, I'm really, really sorry for how I acted yesterday. I could've lost you and I don't think I could deal with that."
I look at him one more time and I get up, Delalieu meets me in the hall.
"Miss?"
"Yes?" I say, too tired and upset to deal with him.
"I just wanted to give you Aaron's work for the day."
My head snaps up at this.
"What?" I say my voice has gone cold, he seriously wants to give me my brother's work. Medics have come and gone through Aaron's room during our conversation. Delalieu looks between me and the room and says;
"Sorry, miss but I really must be going. Here. "
I look at him with eyes open in shock. You know if he had done that to my dad he would have been gone. I haven't seen my dad in almost a year. He doesn't like me or Aaron all that much and prefers him to me but I've never really cared. I start to walk down the hall but I remember that I've left something in Aaron's office. I walk back into his room and see that he's up and moving now. He's in his bathroom when I go into his office. He hasn't noticed me and is still talking to Delalieu. I grab my things from the office when I see a small notebook sitting on the table. I pick it up and study it. The cover has been kept in pristine condition and it looks almost brand new. I open the cover and see Aaron's name written in his perfect writing along with daily logs. I don't want to intrude on his privacy, yet the pages seem to call to me. 

"No," I force myself to put down the book. "This is private property, even though I want to know what's in it." 
When I walk out of the room my hands are full of things Aaron is listening to Delalieu. I give him a small smile and he turns his head away from me. He hasn't forgiven me for our fight earlier. 

"I should have gone with him, maybe then he wouldn't have gotten shot. Maybe then he wouldn't hate me"  I need to fix my attitude and stop feeling sorry for myself and my choices. I go back to my room and start my work around 12 I leave to get some fresh air. I decided not to eat with Aaron as he's mad and doesn't need any more reasons to get worked up.  I walk outside and around the quadrant. I survey the weather. Today it's a mix of snow and rain. I'm careful not to get myself wet. Almost no one is outside in these conditions. I watch some of the soldiers out here move around the cold seeping through their jackets. I look up to see a soldier looking at me and, hell, they look so familiar. I peer at them before I remember he's gone. I walk inside and away from the cold. When I get inside Delalieu is waiting for me yet again. 

A/N short chapter today, hope you enjoyed!!!!