- meetings -

~ 5 ~

~ 5 ~

"The ones that love us least, are the ones we'll die to please."
~ Paul Westerberg

.

.

.

The incident with the policemen was now a few months ago, most of Charlotte's wounds were completely healed, they actually healed a lot faster than anyone expected.

The doctor did a good job stitching up her wounds so there would mostly be no marks left. But there was this one on her shoulder, the spot where she got shot...

It left an ugly scar.

Levi and Charlotte were just sitting next to each other at a table in their house. Levi was wordlessly cleaning his knife while Charlotte was eating an apple and had a cup of tea standing in front of her.

Her blue and brown eyes looked forward at the four boys and Furlan, that where sitting a little distance away. She listened to what they were saying, taking another sip from her tea.

"Stop slurping." Levi spoke from beside her, still having his eyes fixated on his knife.

Charlotte only rolled her eyes and put the cup down again, continuing to eat her apple.

"Here, your reward for the last two times." Furlan spoke, handing the three boys their earned money.

Then he turned around to the fourth one, also handing him the money, but by the way of how Furlan was holding the money and the reaction of the boy, Charlotte knew that he gave him some extra for some reason. She only squinted her eyes and took another bite from her apple.

"Stop smacking." Levi commented once again.

"I'm not!" She argued back. Levi laid his knife on the table, holding out his open palm to Charlotte.

Without needing to think, she handed him her own knife, pulling it out of her pocket and laying it in his hand. He immediately began to clean it as well. At this point, the boys began to leave.

"Let's go, bye!"

"Yo!"

"Work has gotten loads easier since we got our hands on ODM gear." Furlan spoke after they left, turning to Levi and Charlotte now. "And everyone gets a better cut."

"Some of us seem to get more of it." Levi spoke emotionlessly.

Charlotte only steadied her head on her palm, looking at Furlan with her big blue and brown eyes before taking another bite of her apple.

"...What he means is, why did you give Yan more than the others?" She asked with a full mouth, making Levi's eyebrow twitch. Furlan didn't say anything at first.