Chapter 10 - Oh, Look a Nice Tarantula!

(No One P.O.V)

Okay, whose stupid idea was it for the current situation?

(Y/N) is currently hiding under the table in the dining room. They thought they could wash the plate themself without anyone's help. Well, what do you know? America decided that it was a good idea to do his paperwork in the living room instead of his room or the study room, if there is one. Unfortunately, they couldn't just run upstairs because they would surely bump into America, so they resorted to hiding under the dining table. They have been waiting there for more than an hour waiting and begging for a perfect chance that America would not be in the living room.

After two hours of waiting under the dining table, America finally went to kitchen to get some snacks, seems like he's hungry. Is it noon, already? (Y/N) bent down a bit to see the clock in the living room, it's about an hour to noon. (Y/N) slowly moved one of the chairs that was facing the living room, not making a single noise, and swiftly move the chair back into the original place, also minding the bag of potions they have with them right now. Luckily, the bottles weren't made of glass. With quick steps, they quickly went to the living room.

Suddenly, the door bell rang, almost scaring the life out of (Y/N). They also heard the quick footsteps and a shout of reply from America coming from the kitchen, so they panicked and hid in an cabinet that has a lot of dust, seems like no one cleaned it for a long time. Wait, why was there even a cabinet in the living room? Wait, you mean those one that looks like the cabinet in the bedside? Oh, okay.

(Y/N) questioning life right now, hiding in the closet, probably wondering if Germany and Russia is panicking because they did not find them in the guest room.

(Meanwhile...)

They were right, unfortunately. Russia and Germany is standing outside the guest room and found the guest room was empty and currently panicking.

"Where are they!" - Russia

"The plate where I gave them sandwiches is gone! So they probably went to the kitchen to wash it themself." - Germany

"But that capitalist just went downstairs because he decided that he was bored and needed a change of scenery." - Russia

"Wait....didn't America said that someone was coming?" - Germany

"ну, дерьмо " - Russia

(Back with (Y/N))

They opened the cabinet just to see what's going on outside. They saw like 3 people at the door, why does life want to torture them like this? It's not even noon yet, and they are already about to almost get found by other people.

"Hi guys!" - America

"America, I thought you were still at UK and France's house! Why are back so early anyway? Oh, I also brought my paperwork to finish it here also!" - ??? #1

"Well, UN has been nagging me." - America

"Well, you better finish it then." - ??? #2

"Eh? Phil, why are you here?" - America

"Oh, I just met Japan and Aussie on the way and I decided to tag along. I have nothing to do anyway." - Philippines

"Well, we would have to get started on this. I already saw the pile of paperwork that is at the living room." - Japan

"Sorry for the disturbance!" - Australia

As they sat in the living room, Germany and Russia went downstairs seemingly nervous.

"Hey Russia and Germany! We're just here to finish our paperwork and hang out with America." - Philippines

"That's nice, Phil. America, have you seen a washed plate at the kitchen?" - Germany

"Yeah, I did. I just saw one. Why are you asking that weird question?" - America

"Nothing you should care about, you capitalist." - Russia

"Oh, UN is calling me, probably about work. I'll talk to you guys later." - Germany

"Eh? Your phone is not ringing-" - Japan

...

"And he's gone. Isn't it unusual for him to look that nervous?" - Australia

"Not sure, maybe he didn't finish his work and about the get scolded by UN or EU? Thou, that's very unlikely." - Japan

"Who cares anyway? We got some work to do!" - America

'looks like I won't et discovered soon if they focus on their work but this cabinet has wooden doors...' thought (Y/N) as they received a message from Germany asking where they are. They replied that they are in a dusty cabinet in the living room area and saw three new people. Germany said that it would be difficult for (Y/N) to leave the cabinet if it is in the living room, so looks like they would have to stay there until the four people in room is somewhere other than the living room for now.

I, narrator hopes that (Y/N) doesn't mind being cramped in close spaces. The cabinet is long enough to fit a whole person in it with just the right height, so they can't move to much and they are laying down. By the way you are just about 15 cm away from the doors of the cabinet. Nice.

(Two hours later...)

(Y/N) currently is still in the cabinet and is about to fall asleep even thou it's just noon.

(Meanwhile...)

Author: What? Never heard an afternoon nap?

Yin: I wouldn't exactly call that a nap if you are going to be sleeping for 2 hours instead. According to Microsoft Bing, a nap is only about 10 to 20 minutes and would be call a power nap if it is less than that.

(Back with (Y/N))

Suddenly, they heard a small hissing sound right beside them. They adjusted their position a bit so now they are facing the cabinet doors, and saw a tarantula right beside them. It was hissing at them.

"Woah, calm down. I mean no harm. I'm just hiding here." - (Y/N)

The tarantula stop hissing, seemingly understand what they just said.

"You look cute. Can I pet you?" said (Y/N) while holding out a hand. The tarantula seemed to hesitate as it approach slowly. When it reached their hand, (Y/N) softly pet it. It looks like they warmed up to them as you hear purring from it. They looked closely at the tarantula from what little light they could see. It was a Mexican red-knee tarantula, considered to be one of the best first pet spider for spider enthusiasts as they are quite docile and easy to handle.

(Meanwhile back with the 4 in the void (?))

Narrator: I thought you hated bugs, and especially spiders?

Author: Tarantula are an exception to my fear of bugs and no, I don't really hate spiders mostly. I hate butterflies and moths the most.

Yin: Yes, the rate of you screaming at a spider has a lower rate than you screaming at a butterfly or moth. Seems like that childhood trauma still gets you.

Author: It's not my fault that in the previous home I used to live has moth that are big! They were like the size of two adult hands! I didn't have any idea on how they just pop up from nowhere in my home that time! The black and white one traumatized me the most as it was just staying at the door of my room. Luckily, it wasn't the side in the room.

Light: For some reason, I kind of understand that fear.

Yang: I remember that you almost throw up when you were studying classification in Biology Class.

(Back with (Y/N))

'Awww, whose the cutest spider? You are!' said (Y/N) as they pet and praise the tarantula. The tarantula purred with happiness, seems like the owner of this tarantula take cares of them very well, that it even understand human language. Wait, where did this Mexican red-knee even came from?

"Wait, where did my taran go?" - Australia

"Taran? You mean..." - Philippines

_________________________________________________________________________