TS-19

The door opens and I'm blind. The bright light from the C.D.C makes us all shut our eyes. We walk into the building. Rick and Shane shout, no one answered. Suddenly a gun cocks and everyone jumps. A man has a gun pointed at us.

"Anybody infected?" The man shouts. The guns still pointed at us.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick tells the man. Poor Jim. The man starts talking again.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The man asks. Just stopping by! Maybe gonna go to McDonald's when we leave.

"A chance." Rick tells him. Food, shower, a bed. Maybe even clothes.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man says. He still has his gun pointed at us.

"I know." Rick tells him. We all stare at the man. He looks at all of us. He lowers his gun.

"You all submit to a blood test, that's the piece of admission." He tells us. First you take hours to let us in, then you point a gun at us, and now you want to poke me with a needle? No wa-

"We can do that." Rick tells him. Are you serious. I can't do needles.

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed." The man tells us. Rick, Shane, Glenn, Daryl, Dale, Andrea, and my dad run outside to grab our things. When everyone's back inside a beep goes off.

"Vi, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here." The man speaks into a machine. Metal barricades close in front of the doors.

"Rick Grimes." Rick says introducing himself.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner." The man says. That's a long name. Jenner takes us to an elevator and we all cram inside of it. I squeeze between Carl and my dad.

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asks Jenner. I laugh and look at Jenner. He shrugs his shoulders.

"There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough." Jenner says looking around. His eyes dart to me, Carl, and Sophia.

"Except you three. I'll have to keep my eyes on you." Jenner says smiling as he points to me, Carl, and Sophia. We start to laugh. The elevator stops and we all walk out.

We follow Jenner down a long hallway. Man. I just wanna eat.

"Are we underground?" Carol asks. Jenner turns around.

"You claustrophobic?" He asks her. I turn and look at her.

"A little." Carol tells him. Jenner turns around and keeps on walking.

"Try not to think about it." He says. We walk down the hallway a little longer before reaching a room with a huge T.V.

"Vi, bring up the lights in the big room." Jenner tells the machine. The lights turn on and a room of three huge T.Vs and a bunch of computers.

"Welcome to Zone 5." Jenner says. He leads us down a ramp to go into the middle of the room.

"Where's everybody? The other doctors the staff?" Rick questions. Jenner turns around and stares at Rick.

"I'm it. It's uh, it's just me here." Jenner tells Rick.

"What about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" Lori asks Jenner. Lori. Are you being serious.

"Vi, say hello to our guests. Tell them... welcome." Jenner tells Vi.

"Hello guests. Welcome." Vi says. I look up at the roof, I look at Carl and Sophia, we start to laugh. Nothings even funny. Why are we laughing?