Sick

"OPEN THE DOOR! IT'S HERSHEL! AMARA! CARL!" Rick shouts. I jump up and push Carl off the bed, Carl gets up and follows behind me. We run to the door and unlock it, we swing open the door and they push Hershel inside. He's missing a part of his leg. We follow them into a cell, everyone's shouting. 

"He got bit." Rick says moving to one side of Hershel. They lift Hershel and place him on a bed. I stand by the door and look at the leg. I can't make out anything anyone is saying, their all yelling and shouting.

"Go get the towels from the backpack right next to my bed." Lori says pointing. Me and Carl run to the cell and dig around the different backpacks.

"Found them!" Carl says throwing a few at me. We run back to the cell and give them to Lori. We walk backward and stand by the doorway. I hold onto Carl's arm as Carol and Lori start to try and stop the bleeding. The towels turn red quickly and Lori throws them on the ground. 

"This is my house, my rules. I do as I damn well please!" Someone shouts. Everyone turns their heads and then looks at Rick.

"What was that?" Beth asks. We stare at Rick for a response.

"Prisoners, survivors. It's all right. Everybody stay put." Rick says, he walks out of the room and motions for Glenn to go with him. I look at Carl and he shurgs his shoulders, he stares at Hershel and his missing foot. Glenn walks back into the room and squeezes behind us.

Me and Carl run out of the room and see Rick open the gate and shut it behind him. I try to listen in on the conversation but Carl waves his hand in front of my face, I have the key almost to the lock but not completely. I put the key inside the door and turn it so it locks. We rush back over to the cell.

We stay outside of the cell and watch as Maggie, Beth, Carol, and Lori try their hardest to keep Hershel alive. Glenn stands next to Maggie and holds her. 

"If we get him through this-" Carol says but gets cut off by Lori.

"When we get him through this." Lori says turning to Carol. Carol nods her head.

"-we'll need crutches." Carol tells Lori, Carl look at his mom and then at Beth.

"Right now we could use some antibiotics, and painkillers, some sterile gauze. There's gotta be an infirmary here." Lori says moving around. Maggie looks at Glenn, I look at Carl. He looks at me and nods his head a little.

"If there is, we'll find it. You've gotta be worried sick about delivering the baby." Carol tells Lori. Lori turns to her.

"Look at me. Do I look worried?" Lori asks. Carol smiles a little at her.

"You look disgusting." Carol says with a smile. Lori smiles too and lightly laughs.

"So do you. We'll get through this." Lori whispers. She places a hand onto Hershel's head and Carol continues to stop the bleeding for Hershel's leg. Me and Carl walk over to our cells and sit down, we stay in his cell since it's closer to the stairs. Maggie and Glenn walk out to the hallway. They hug and Glenn pulls her away to hold onto her shoulders.

I sit down and sigh, I run my hands on my face and lean my head back. I try to run my hands through my hair but they get stuck. Awesome. I take them out and pick at something on my pants. Blood? Dirt? Walker blood? Poo? Who knows! I see Carl staring at me in the corner of my eye. I turn to him.

"Why haven't you changed yet? I mean you clearly have so many clothes." Carl says. I turn and shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know. Those clothes are special to me, wouldn't wanna ruin them." I tell him. He sighs and nods his head, he sits up and stares at the wall. I do the same, it's a comfortable silence.