8

Double update! read chapter 7 before this one!
Adriana

My boyfriend being my boss sometimes sends me back to reality.

Walking into work I realized that we have to be professional and also that he's 10 years older. Don't get me wrong, age isn't a turn off. It's seeing him in uniform that's the turn on.

All day I've been day dreaming about him fingering me like he did a couple of days ago. This is why women should date older men. They know what they're doing.

I sit at my desk looking at incoming reports when Damien walks in.

"Hey, Hot-stuff. I brought you lunch," I look at him and he has a smile on his face.

"Thank you, baby," I say looking back at my computer screen. He places my wrap and coffee in front of me before sitting down.

I finish reading the report before turning my attention to Damien. He's already started eating his bagel while scrolling through his phone.

"I got a call this morning. The kids biological mother is out of rehab and is demanding she gets her children back." he sighs

"How long was she in rehab?" I furrow my eyes brows at the new information

"Two years. She was clean for two years prior but slipped up. I'm gonna talk to Ethan about it. If he wants to meet with her and thinks she should know Flavia then I'll let it happen, but I don't trust that woman," he shakes his head.

"Do you think they'll take them?" I ask before taking a bite of my sandwich

With no hesitation he replies, "I do. They've done it before with kids I had custody over for a few months. But these are my babies. I'm their father and I'm not letting them take away the my angels."

I get up and round my desk. I sit on Damien's lap and hold him. He's not crying but he's shaking. With anger.

"My lawyers are working on it right now. I'm not letting them take my babies. I'll fight until the end for them. That women left them to die. She left my princess to die at only 3 months. She's not doing it again," he shakes his head

"Whatever you need from me, you tell me. I'm here, baby," I kiss the side of his head while brushing his hair.

Before he could answer there's a knock on the door, "Sorry to ruin the moment. You're both on lunch but there's a call. A gas truck and a semi truck crashed on the 400, northbound. Causing the gas truck to explode, which caused about five cars on each side of the highway to catch on fire. There's no signs of living," Lauren rushes out.

"Holy shit," I jump off of Damien and we both rush out.

"Fire units are already out, so are ambulances and whoever is out on patrol over there," She tells

"Where we going?" I ask

"Kingcity. It's hard to miss, Just before the carpool lot," She tells

"Thank you!"

_________________

"We need to block exit and entrance 49 to 16. No entry going Northbound at 49 or 11. No entry going south on 11 or 16. We will not open the highway back up until we get these vehicles off the road!" Damien tells all the officers, "Do we have any witness information?"

"A woman who was driving onto the ramp said that she saw the gas truck swerve into the middle lane from the right where the trailer was trying to pass. It knocked the truck and they both swerved into the left, hitting the rail guard and then the gas truck exploded on impact," an officer tells