19

Ethan

For the past week I've stayed with Adriana.

Her house is sick as fuck.

One of the rooms in her house has a rock climbing wall. And she has a hot tub.

I mean we have a hot tub but we have to walk a bit far to get to it. Adriana's is right next to her deck.

In the room i'm in, there's a bathroom connected and on the other side of the bathroom there's another room. When I peeked inside I saw drawings left all over the room.

It's definitely Faith's room.

I know my dad told Adriana. He's been grovelling the whole week.

First it started with flowers. Then ordering her a bunch of brand new and top of the line baking supplies.

Then, apparently, he asked Amanda what Adriana's favourite hair products were and was able to get her free products forever. No doubt did Mat have something to do with that.

Dad's powerful, but not that powerful. Then came new purses and now, Adriana and I stand in front of the door to see what package was just delivered.

"I think it's more purses," I mumble

"Your dad is impossible," Adriana sighs before opening the door.

There's two brown boxes. I help bring in one and it's not light.

"I think I know what they are," She sighs going to get the box cutter. When she comes back we sit and open them.

They're books, all signed by authors.

"Your dad is one son of a bitch," Adriana shakes her head.

"My dad is in love. I'm not saying you should take him back, because it's a big thing. But maybe... Think about it," I shrug

"I have been. It's a lot to process as someone who's heard so much about the family. We've tried so hard to keep them from touching Canadian territory when they've been here so many times," she sighs

"Well when dad told me, I thought it was cool. But I was 12, so everything was cool to me. But I thought a lot about Flavia. In my head I was like 'Our dad is a murderer, he comes from bad people, this is dangerous' but a man who's dangerous wouldn't take in a couple of kids and give them a wonderful life."

"A man who comes from a sadistic and crazy ass family wouldn't do this. And if there's one thing I've learned. Giacomo men know when they've found the one. They spoil you and love you and show you the world. He wouldn't tell you if he hasn't imagined you walking down the aisle in the best dress his money could buy. Even if it was one time. And I don't want to scare you with the thought of love and marriage and all this. But he wouldn't bring around us if he didn't see you as our future mom," I shrug before walking towards the kitchen.

"Do you see me as your future mom?" Adriana asks behind me.

"I know Flavia sees you as a mom figure. Me... I kind of do. You care about us and you don't hesitate to do anything for dad when it comes to us. We love you, but we just don't want to scare you," I shrug

"awww, sweetheart. I love that you see me as a mom figure. You don't know how much I care about you and your sister. I've gotten so attached to you two in these couple of months. I'd do anything for you two, I was even worried," She chuckles

I give her a hug and she kisses my head.

"And what you said... about the men in your family knowing when they've found the one. It's true?" she asks when we pull away

"Yeah. Just ask Nyla and Mateo. Or my grandparents. My nonno knew that dad's bio-mom wasn't the one but when he met grandma, he knew. Mat and Elena... well they hated each other at first but there was always attraction. Malik, his lover is in a whole different continent and he's head over heels for him," I say, "It's an intuition thing. Something you learn. I've learned and I'm only waiting," I shrug

"You learn?" she asks

"Yeah. It's a psychological thing. Like trusting your gut, but in our family we train ourselves. I was late of course, but it's all in the heart. Like we train to fight and stuff, we learn to trust our intuition. You throw a punch at me and I'll catch it. It's all mentally."

______________________________________

Ethan with the advice