fifteen

< Saturday 25, 2018 >

{ Hannah }

I woke up and stretched out before looking around the room and finding Cason in the bed with me and Ashton on the cot that Cason is supposed to be on.

I carefully got out of bed to go do some work. I tried to not wake Cason, but I knew I failed when his little hand caught my arm,

"Hi buddy" I whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed, "Mommy's going to go do some work"

"I come too" he told me, already climbing out of bed. I laughed and got up, grabbing my iPad and computer then guiding us quietly out of the room.

We got to the living room and kitchen area and I set up work at the table. I grabbed Cason's sippy cup out of the food bag we brought and filled it with milk for him then got him set up on the couch and watching a show on the iPad.

I started doing some work, but not long after Cason came walking over with the iPad and crawled in my lap. I didn't fight it, instead made room for the iPad but kept my laptop in range so that I could still work.

I'm not sure how long we sat like that until everyone started waking up. As they all walked in the room, Ashton came straight to us,

"Good morning" he pecked my lips, "And good morning Cas" he ruffled Cason's hair. Cason whined and moved his hand,

"Sorry buddy" Ashton chuckled,

"Good morning" Crystal greeted.

Everyone was in the kitchen now, grabbing coffee and such.

"Cason! You ready to go play in the snow?" Luke jumped in, kneeling down next to where I was sitting. Cason gasped and sat right up,

"Go now" Cason perked,

"After breakfast" I told him, the pout immediately coming onto his face. Ashton chuckled when he saw this and grabbed my laptop and iPad and took it back to our room for me,

"Hey Cas, I brought my Spider-Man game for the tv. Do you wanna go play it while we wait for breakfast?" Michael asked. Cason practically jumped out of my lap and ran to the living room area with Michael.

Ashton and I offered to make breakfast so everyone followed them too.

"So what were doing on the cot Cason was supposed to be sleeping on?" I asked with a laugh as we cracked eggs,

"He woke up scared of something and climbed in the bed. I didn't know if you were comfortable with me being there too with him so I just switched him"

"Ash" I gently grabbed his arm, "It's okay. I trust you with him"

Ashton nodded,

"Go be with everyone. I got breakfast" Ashton spoke next,

"Are you sure?" I questioned. He nodded and left a kiss on my lips. I quickly kissed back then ventured to find my son.

I entered the living room and spotted Cason sitting on Michael's lap in the middle of the floor, the joystick for the game in his lap. I watched the tv as Spider-Man swung around, running into lots of things which told me Cason was definitely the one playing.

As Cason swung Spider-Man, he landed firmly on a building,

"Good job Cas" I spoke. Cason spun his head to see me,

"Mommy we get dis?" He asked,

"I'll try and find one" I promised,

"Good luck" Calum laughed, "They don't make haves like that anymore. It's all console games"