twenty-one

< Tuesday 25, 2018 >
< Christmas Day >

{ Hannah }

"Mommy! Mommy! Santa!" Cason busted in my room at the ripe time of 7:00 in the morning. I did my best to act as awake as possible, but I was tired. Although I'm grateful he did sleep this late because he could've woken me up at 5:30 but he didn't.

"Oh my goodness. Should we go see what he brought?" I asked. Cason nodded feverishly and hopped off my bed. I got up and stretched out before following my toddler to the living room,

"A bike!" Cason yelled as soon as he saw it out,

"Wow! Santa must have got your letter then" I grinned. Cason giggled and dropped his baby blanket on the couch and hopped on his bike,

"That's so cool dude" I smiled. He nodded.

"Why don't you open the rest of your stuff?" I suggested. Cason jumped off his bike and started grabbing gifts. Luckily he knows that the presents that are wrapped are from Santa and the others are not.

Cason got lots of toys- like the Cars cars, Woody and Buzz, and of course superhero toys- but also a lot of other things as well- like clothes, pjs, and blankets. I do my best to make Christmas as special as I can for him, so I always up it for Santa.

"Can we open da boxes?" Cason asked, his big eyes staring up at me,

"Why don't we wait until Ashy and his family get here" I suggested, knowing they'd be here soon. Cason nodded and started stacking and organizing his new stuff along the wall. It was safe to say that he is my kid because I love organization.

I got up from the couch and started to clean up all the wrapping paper, knowing my brain was about to go crazy with the mess.

Just as I finished up, there was a knock on the door, making Cason run right to it. As Cason impatiently waited, I headed over and opened the door, revealing my smiley boyfriend and his family who all held a few presents,

"Ashy! Ashy! Santa came" Cason jumped at his legs, making me quickly grab my son so he didn't knock Ashton down,

"He did! No way!" Ashton gasped excitedly then leaned down and kissed my lips, "Merry Christmas baby"

"Merry Christmas Ash" I smiled then greeted his family. By the time I had turned around, Cason had both Harry and Ashton sitting on the floor while they watched him show them every single present.

I greeted Anne and Lauren as the three of us took a seat on the couch. It was nice to sit here and enjoy the holiday with a family that isn't judging or isn't constantly degrading me. It was nice to have a positive holiday. Cason even looked happier with Ashton and his family than he ever did with mine. I wish I would've noticed sooner that we weren't in a good place.

"Hannah" Lauren's voice broke me from my trance, "Were you scared when you started dating Ash?"

"I was, but not necessarily for myself. I was scared for Cason. I didn't know how he'd handle it. But he loves Ashton. He connected so quickly. Ashton himself had a big part in that. He made Cas feel so comfortable so fast" I grinned,

"I've never seen Ashton this genuinely happy before. He didn't look like this until you and Cason came into his life a few months ago. When I asked him about you, he lit up. He was happy, but he was scared because he didn't want Cason to be upset about his mom dating" Anne told me. I blushed a little.

"I love him. He's the best thing that's happened to both Cas and me in a long time"

****