twenty-four

< Thursday 10, 2019 >

{ Hannah }

Ashton and I landed in New York and got checked into the hotel that my work had booked for me. I had my meeting with my client at 4:00 so Ashton and I had time to get settled and explore some.

"This room is nice" Ashton smiled as we walked in. I nodded in agreement. It was really nice. It had a huge king-sized bed with a full kitchen. We won't use the kitchen but it was a nice addition to the room,

"Do you want to go get some lunch? I'm starving" Ashton asked as he lightly grabbed my hips,

"Yeah" I smiled, turning to face him, "Let me change into what I'm wearing to the meeting then we can head out"

Ashton nodded as I grabbed my clothes and began to change,

"I'm confused as to why you have a meeting today? I thought it was tomorrow?" Ashton questioned,

"Today I'm going in to grab the financial folders to prepare what the financial plan will be. So, when we get back to the hotel, I'm gonna have to work"

Ashton nodded and I finished getting ready. Once I was done, we headed out hand in hand.

****

We did a few sightseeing things on our way to lunch and then decided to stop at Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square to eat. We must've gotten there at the perfect time because we didn't have to wait for a table at all.

"Has Grace texted you about Cas yet?" Ashton asked, reaching across the table and taking my hand,

"Apparently they and Calum are going shopping" I laughed,

"I knew Grace and Cal would hook up" Ashton proudly smiled, "Let's just hope that with them together, Cas doesn't get corrupted"

"Ain't that the truth" I laughed before turning a little serious, "thank you for coming with me this weekend"

"Of course. I'm glad to get to spend some time alone with you" Ashton grinned, "Plus I was a little nervous about you walking around New York alone so I'm glad I'll be with you"

"You just gonna sit in the lobby while I go grab the financials?" I questioned,

"Yeah I'll just chill there" he shrugged just as our waiter brought our food. Both Ashton and I got burgers and we dug right in.

When we got done eating, Ashton paid our bill then we started to walk around Times Square to kill time.

We decided to stop into a souvenir shop and look around for something for Cason. Ashton was wanting to get Cason everything so I was having to control him.

We came across the wall of t-shirts and I grabbed Cason a simple New York shirt, an NYPD one, and an FDNY shirt. Ashton ended up grabbing Cason a toy New York fire truck and police car,

"Now that we've got stuff for Cas, let's check out and head to my meeting"

****

While Ashton stayed down in the lobby, I hopped on the elevator with one of the receptionists as she took me up to the main office.

When we got to the office, she knocked and informed whoever was in there that I was here. Once she got the all clear, she stepped aside and let me walk in.

As soon as I walked in, all the air was knocked out of me as I saw who it was,

"So nice to see you, Hannah"