「Vincent」| ☾ | 「5 - The Tree」

You woke up that morning with Vince's arms around you and his head resting on your chest.
You brushed his hair out of his face, "Vince, Vince. I- I can't get up." you said quietly.
"Mm..?" he groaned quietly as he woke up. He let go of you and you did your usual routine. 

You were in the kitchen when you heard Vince walk in, sun shining bright through the window by the couch. 

Suddenly you heard Vince hiss from the living room. "Vince! Are you okay?" you asked, stopping what you were doing entirely. His arm was burnt. 

"Are you okay, Vince?" you asked. He nodded. "Are you sure..?" 

You didn't know why but... ever since you met Vince, you've strived to protect him as best as you can. 

"V-Vince i-is o-okay. d...d-don't worr..worry!" he stuttered. "Okay." you said, still slightly worried. "Can I at least put a bandage over it, i- it's.. nevermind." 

You ate breakfast and decided to head off to the park. "C-can..Vince come this time..?" Vince asked. 

You hesitated for a second but you decided that he's been inside for way too long now, he probably should see outside. "Fine... Okay." he clapped his hands in excitement. 

You grab an oversized hoodie and hand it to Vince, it had cat ears, which he didn't seem to mind. "Here." you said. 

He put the oversized hoodie on, he looked adorable. "Alright, c'mon. let's go." you said, Vince smiled. 

You got to the park where you met Vince and...

"W-what? Where... where is it?" Vince peeked out from behind you. "Where...where is wh-what...?" he asked. 

"The Sakura tree- it.. It was always right here." you ran over to where you usually sit. "But, it's not here..." you said. 

"Are y-you..s-sur-sure this is..the r...right..pa..p-park?" he asked, stuttering. You looked around, "Yeah.. this is the right one." you answered.

That tree always brought you at peace when you sat under it. But now that you're sitting where you usually would now that it's gone... It feels off. All that's left is a stump.

"W-why would they cut it down!?" you shouted. Vince tried to reassure you but... it didn't help.

Your breaths grew shorter,
Your heartbeat got faster,
Your eyes started to tear up,
and you just wanted to scream. 

Vince wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close.

You wrapped your arms around him, he ran his fingers through your hair. He kissed the top of your head, "I-it's.. o-okay, Y/N," he said, stuttering. "V..Vi-Vince..i-is.. s-still h-h-h..here."

You suddenly felt calmer and ended up falling asleep in his arms.