「Vincent」| ☾ | 「12 - Apologies and Answers pt.2: 2020」

--2020--

Vincent sat on the windowsill. He was holding a pillow as he looked out of the window at all of the cars and people passing by. "Hey Vincent-" Ryan started, "You're still on that windowsill?" he asked."Vince can't help it.." Vince sighed, hugging the pillow. "Vince is just... scared." he said. Ryan scoffed, "Of what?" he asked.  "Vince is scared he'll come back again." he said. "You mean that pr-" 

Suddenly the front door opened, cutting off Ryan. 

Kai walked in. "Heyo!" they smiled. "Hey, Kai." Ryan said. "Hey..." Vincent said quietly, his voice slightly shaky. "Welp, I'm gonna be in the kitchen if you need me." Ryan said, walking away. Kai looked over at Vince. 

Vince hugged the pillow he was holding. He started to tear up.

Kai sat down next to him, "Vince, what's up? You seem to be acting more uh, not like yourself than usual." they said.

"Vince is s-scared..." he whimpered. Kai stayed silent. "S-Scared of tha-that priest..." 
"Wh-what if Priest c-comes b-back and t-tries to hurt Vince's friends o-or...." 

"What if Priest tries to hurt K-Kai...?" he said under his breath, but just loud enough that Kai heard it. 

The thought of Kai getting hurt by that priest made Vince terrified to the point of tears,
Kai wrapped his arms around him and Vince cried into Kai's chest.

"It's gonna be okay, Vince. Nothing's gonna happen to me, you, or anyone else here, ok?" Kai said, "Mhm...." Vince whimpered. Kai ran their fingers through Vince's hair. 

Ryan came back into the room, "Hey uh,-" he looked up and Kai and Vince were both asleep. Vince was laying on Kai's chest. "Uhm..." Kai had a hand resting on Vince's head - (from when they were running their fingers through his hair) - while their other arm was wrapped around him. 

"Huh.. Okay then..." Ryan sat down on the couch and watched TV for a bit. Suddenly he saw out of the corner of his eye someone walking by asking where 'Lola' was. "Who's Lola...?" Ryan thought, he looked at where they were standing and... 

there was no one there. 

"What the fu..." 

He thought nothing of it though, thinking he was just seeing things and continued watching TV until Parker got home. 

It was getting dark and suddenly there was a loud roar of thunder, waking Vince and startling Ryan.

(Little authors note: Kai is awake, I just couldn't find a good place to fit that little detail without it having no context or just making no sense. Okay, back to the story!)

Vince hugged Kai tightly, "V-Vince..doesn't like t-th-thunder.." Vince whimpered, "it's okay Vince. It's just a sound.. It can't hurt you." Kai said. 

"What do you mean it can't hurt him?! What if lightning strikes or- or-" Ryan butted into the conversation. "Lightning and thunder are completely different!" Kai said. Ryan sat down on the couch, annoyed at Kai.

Suddenly thunder roared louder than it had all night, there was a bright flash of lightning and suddenly it was pitch black in the house. Vince suddenly felt more anxious than ever has he started to break down from fear.

Kai came back with flashlights so they could still see. "Vince--" he paused, "Vince?"
"He's having another breakdown, dude." Ryan said, setting his flashlight beside him.

Kai took their jacket off, "Here," they put their jacket around Vince's shoulders. "maybe that'll help some." they smiled. Vince sniffled, "T-tha-thank y-y-you.." he stuttered.
Kai wrapped their arms around Vince, calming him down. "It's gonna be okay, Vince." they said.

The door opened and the outline of someone tall and skinny could be seen walking in, shaking the rain off of themselves, they took off their jacket and hung it up on the coat rack. Parker looked over to and saw Ryan. His knees were up to his chest, his arms were crossed, his head resting on the back cushion of the sofa.

"Ryan?" Parker said, Ryan looked over, startled. Ryan grabbed his flashlight, trying to turn it on. It flickered a few times, "Just work, dammit! Gah... Whatever." 

Parker placed a hand on his shoulder.
"You don't have to be scared—" Parker said. "What do you mean? I-I'm not scared..." Ryan said. "Ryan—"

Suddenly thunder crashed outside, scaring Ryan and just startling Parker.

"Not scared?" Parker asked sarcastically. "Fine, maybe I'm.. kind of scared." Ryan said.

"Ryan why do you always put on this tough... persona, I suppose..?" Parker asked. "What do you mean? I-I'm not...it.." Ryan stuttered, jumping as thunder crashed again.

"...You didn't see anything." Ryan said. "Well, yeah. It's kinda dark." Parker joked.

Ryan never told Parker or anyone about what he saw earlier. The person he saw, asking where 'Lola' was.