Chapter 38

I hugged her back. 

"It's not your fault Maddy, please don't blame yourself."

"It is Violet. If only I had told you how I felt, maybe this wouldn't have happened to you," she said, getting angry. What did she feel? 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"It's nothing, I am just disappointed in myself right now, but I promise, Violet, I'll always be there for you," she said, looking me in the eyes. I knew she was sincere. We heard 

more footsteps coming up. 

"Hey, sis." Chad kissed my head. 

"How are you feeling?" Addy asked. 

"I'm okay, I guess. So the truth is out, and I'm going to be looked down on by everyone in school," I said, looking down. 

"Oh, I didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Maddy deleted the video before it could escalate... No, I mean, Addy did the deleting while your Maddy here did the beating," he said, putting his arms around her shoulder with a proud smile on his face. 

"You fought with her?"

"Yes, I did. Even if she has more muscles than me, she's weak. I put her down with just one punch."

"How did this happen?"

"Well, we got to school. I had a feeling she was going to release the video today and my sister Addy was with her laptop doing her thing. We heard everyone phone getting a video simultaneously during lunch, but my sister was fast enough to take it down.

 I saw Avery by the cafeteria's entrance; she was smiling. I got so angry and punched her immediately, she fell down. I kept hitting her. She couldn't deflect my punch."

"Yes, sis, Maddy was so fast, and believe me, everyone took videos of Avery's bloody state. We had to separate the fight, I didn't want to, though, but Maddy would have killed her."

"Well, she deserved it, she tried to ruin your life, and I would not accept that."

"So nobody saw it then?"

"Yeah, believe me, I took it down. She won't find the video on her phone as well."

"You did all this for me," I said, starting to cry. 

"Hey, shh, please don't cry, baby." From the corner of my eye, I saw Addy pushing my brother out. Maddy held my cheek.

"Don't cry, okay?"

"B-But I--"

"It's okay. Do you want to watch a movie? You know, to get your mind off things."

"Will you stay over?"

"Yes, I'll be here. I am not going anywhere. And j-just so you know, I got suspended. So you'll have me all through the week."

"Do you mean you'll stay here with me for the whole week?"

"Yes, anything for you, babe."