5

After being poked and prodded at all day I knew the next day would be better, and it is. Two maids come in and take sponges filled with soap and water and run them along my arms and legs and face removing the dirt and grim and blood from the days before. After I am clean I admire my sparkling clean flesh, could the day get any better? Yes it most certainly could.

"In here?" I hear from the hallway and the door opens. Another doctor, a groan forms in my throat but I can't get it out. A tall, thin man emerges through the door. He has an average build, on the lighter side and stunning blue eyes. As I further examine him I see his short hair is damp so I look out the window to see that it is indeed raining outside. It only looked as though it would rain for the past week before it finally decided to rain on my newest possibly cutest doctor. He is not overly attractive, and normally I wouldn't look at these things but he is the only doctor that seems to be around my age and hopefully not a pompous jerk. He reminds me of Mitch in a way. The way he so confidently holds himself, even though he is walking into the unknown. He pushes his glasses up higher on his long nose and promptly wrinkles his nose at the touch then walks to my bedside. I wait for him to make a grand gesture or declare his power as supreme doctor, or maybe for him to just ignore me and only see me as another case like the others but he does neither. He just stands there. The more I look at him the more questions form.

"Are you old enough to be a doctor?" I ask, examining his long jaw and soft face. I think he can't be much older than me, 3 or 4 years older, maybe. "I don't want to be your practice dummy," I start, getting past his handsome appearance and moving on to the concern for my health. "So if you don't know what you're doing, then just leave now!" He rubs at a mole on his hands as he stares down at me. As he watches me a thought forms of me going to school, to be a doctor, or anything really other than a thief. If I were to go to school, I would be a terrible doctor. I wouldn't be able to help anyone, especially not when I can't even help myself. He takes a deep breath and his shoulders rise and fall. I open my mouth to speak but he speaks first.

"My name is Arren Greyson, Doctor" he pauses slightly "Arren Greyson" he pushes his glasses up on his nose again, "I know I look young and that's because I am. I'm 26 and I've wanted to be a doctor all my life, I've been training since I could walk." I don't believe him and I don't know why he's telling me this, can't he tell I can't hear him... I mean I CAN but it doesn't look like I can. So why would he lie to me? He wouldn't right? "Being a doctor runs in the family so when I was born my parents started grooming me to be a doctor as well."

That's a lot of pressure to put on a baby.

"I've been trying to get in here to see you," he pauses and puts down his case, its beaten and black, white scratches tread through the once fine leather. On closer inspection, it seems as though a few patches had been sewed back together. "You are the talk of the town and neighboring towns, and I wanted to be part of that."

Oh great he's just another doctor trying to get his big medical break, I think and roll my eyes away from him, I am no longer interested in the young Dr. Arren Greyson.

He pulls out some tools and I am really no longer invested in his investigation of my problems. He stands up straight and looks at me.

"I'm sorry," he says after a long pause, his voice is not mechanic like Dr. Manson or Dr. Stevens but compassionate, and I can't help but to look at him again, he's sorry? "This is such a horrible thing to happen and you must be getting doctors in here all the time poking you and I'm sorry that I am one of them." Never mind, I think I love this guy I tease as I sit up straight and watch him more closely now. "The reason I'm here is because your case interested me and I really only have experience with more common medical problems but I think your- you" he corrects himself "are special and need a different approach to finding a solution." I try and digest his kind words but what I gather is that he doesn't know what is wrong with me or how to fix me just like everyone else. "I have talked with some of the other doctors but I would like to do some of the same tests as them. Just to help my knowledge and hopefully find a better way to get you back to the land of the living."