22

Maleficent

I have to do this because she hurt her. She hurt my world. She needs to suffer for making everything so damn difficult. She came home crying every few visits because Aurora was a bad friend, a horrible friend, that didn't care about anyone but herself. I told her not to go back, I told her to move on. The princess is not worth all the effort, all the tears. She does not deserve her friendship! But time and time again, she went back... She wants to be the bigger person, to show Aurora that she is a real friend. That she wants to help. So she leaves with a smile and comes back sobbing every time.

"What happened?" I wrap her up in a hug as she cries against my chest.

"You were right mama. She's a mean, horrible person, and I'm done being nice." She steps back, tears still flowing down her beautiful face. "I'm done with Aurora, I never want to see her stupid face, ever again!" She cries out, lips quivering, eyes red from tears.

"And you won't have to my darling. You will never have to hear that name or see her face. I promise." She continues to cry and I know what I have to do.

"Let's make some cookies how about? Their sweet taste will make all those tears go away." She nods and I release her from my grasp. She wanders off to wash her face as I gather ingredients for the cookies and for something just as sweet for the princess.

*************

"Hello, my daughter is... she's friend of the princess." I flutter my eyes up at the tall guard. "She wanted me to deliver a letter could you give this to her?" The guard takes the note with a smile.

"Of course," he says then turns and leaves towards the princess quarters, this is my window of opportunity I think. I turn towards the door just in case he turns back to check, but his footsteps fade and I turn to the cellar. I rush along the long hallway trying to picture where it was from Kendall's description.

"We would go to the cellar when Aurora was nervous, sad, scared, or when she wanted to be alone. She always goes there before her birthday, it's just too much to handle." Kendall had told me, so the basement cellar was where I was to put it.

Right? Left? The latch of the handle practically glows as I see it. Yes, yes. I try and look as though I belong as I move to open the door. It swings open with a creak and it makes me cringe at the sound. A maid walks by, but doesn't seem to notice me or doesn't care that I am here. I move down the cellar stairs and find the spinning wheel. It's just as she described, old, rusted and yet still so beautiful.

"Just a few drops." I mutter to myself, but a squeak causes me to tip the vial more then I initially wanted. But I look to the small puddle at the bottom of the spinning wheel, it is sure to knock out the little monster once and for all. I stuff the vial back in my pocket and head back up the stairs. I close the doors and walk with courage and strength. My daughter will be avenged for all her worries and problems caused by the princess. Now all that's left is to wait. I make it all the way to the front door. I can't help but turn and look back at the beautiful interior. It's all so perfect, why can't the people see that the people that rule it are imperfect beasts.