Epilogue

Epilogue

"You can't chicken out now."

"I'm not," Arren said fixing his bow tie.

"Because it's far too late to change your mind."

"I'm not changing my mind," Arren insists.

"Good because she's never wanted this before, but she wants you. So don't hurt her. Ever."

"I won't." He promises and gives Mitch a toothy smile. "Ready?" Arren asks even though it is Mitch that should be asking him.

"Me oh yeah, I was born ready. Born to be best man at my best friends' wedding, but are you ready?"

"Since the moment I saw her."

And they all lived happily ever after... sort of.

Kendall

"Mom, Aurora's here. I'm going to go play ball, I will be back soon."

"What?" Mothers voice booms from the kitchen as she floods into the living room, eyes wide and nose flared. "You want to play with her? After everything that has happened?"

"Yes, because she has shown me that she has changed, and she is making an effort to be a better person." Mother looks as though she might entrap me in the basement to keep me away from her, but I know what she did to Aurora. "I know you don't like her but..."

"She is a cruel little girl. She has brought you nothing but pain and-"

"Mother," I yell, silencing her. "I know what you did." Her mouth gaps and I sense a lie coming so I don't give her the opportunity to speak. "I know about the poison. I know everything."

"Honestly Kendall, I don't know what you are-"

"Don't lie Mother. I know everything and if anything is to happen to her again..." My threat makes her shrivel back. I have the power to end her, I don't want to, but she did something unforgiveable. "I will keep your secret because I don't want to lose you." A smirk appears on her face, she thinks she is safe forever. She thinks that she got away with what she did, but she didn't. "But you will treat Aurora like a daughter, because I have to lie to her, you have to be nice. It's not much to ask, just be a good person and your secret will stay with me and only me." She gives me a slow nod and glances to the door.

"Go play with your friend." She bites out through gritted teeth.

"We will also be going to church with her this Sunday." We have never been to church, but I think we need a bit of kindness and knowledge on how to be better people. "This was not a question. You will be nice and we will go to church with Aurora every Sunday."

"I'm sorry Kendall, I was doing what I thought was best." Mother says with a tight smile.

"I know, and that's the sad thing. You thought that entrapping a person was the right thing to do. You thought I wanted her gone for how she treated me." I try and concentrate on how twisted her mind became over time. How my sadness affected her. But she has a lot of making up to do, to both of us.

"Aurora, hello my dear." Mother is being nice, this is a good start. "I heard what happened to you," Mother places a hand on Aurora's shoulder, a motherly touch. "I am so, so sorry." I tear wells in her eyes; she truly does feel remorse for what happened after seeing the pain she caused me, or she is an excellent actress.

"Thank you, I'm just glad to have Kendall back in my life. I hope to make it up to both of you for my bad behavior."

"You and me both, we shall find redemption together. Now go have fun you two."

"Thank you Mother." I say softly, watching her through the corner of my eye as Aurora and I head out to make the most of the lives we were given.