Chapter 7: The indestructible shield.

"I won't die, so wait for me..." Cale repeated as she pats On's and Hong's head.

The children were stunned by the young lady's action. They were commoners, much worse a dirty peasant. But the young lady still patted their heads and smiled at them with a gaze without discrimination. She even lowered herself just to assure them. No one did this to them as long as they can remember.

Not even when they were back in their tribe. Not even when they're running away to survive. Not even when they're sleeping on the cold, dirty and smelly streets in these very slums.

'The pretty sister is also warm...' The children thought as they gazed at the girl who's looking at them with her pretty eyes that's shining like gems. The pretty sister never stopped patting their heads as she straightened her position, her hair dancing with the wind making her look like an angel who had come down for them.

Warm slowly envelopes the hearts of the children who had no one to trust and no one to worry for them but themselves.

Cale stopped patting their heads as she looked towards Naine, the children still clinging to his clothes. Naine understood her gaze so he lowered the bags of bread and turned towards them. His tall figure casts a shadow towards the children, but the children never took a step back nor removed their hands from him, they're not afraid of him.

Naine lowered himself to the level of the children's chin and looked straight at them.

"I won't die either, so wait for us." He said as he pats the children's head, gently. The voice of a gentle and warm human touched the children, cradling their broken and scarred hearts. Even if this mister had his eyes covered, they can tell that the person in front of them is looking at them warmly.

The children cried at that moment. The walls they had built had been broken down by these two gentle and nice humans, who patted their heads. Who smiled at them, who gazed at them, who recognized that they are just a simple living being, a child, not some disgusting insects who's crawling in these slums.

The children let go of Naine's clothes at that moment as Naine patted their head for the last time, comforting them. Cale and Naine continued their walk towards the tree, leaving the children down the hill as they waited for the two redheads.

When they arrived at the fence separating the tree from the outside, Cale stopped Naine from getting further. Naine gently lowered the five bags of bread down the ground. He patted Cale's head, not really convinced of leaving her behind.

"Be careful, Cale..." Naine said in his most worried and gentle voice. Cale touched the hand that patted her head and brought it down.

"It won't take long, oppa." Cale said as she handed him a bag of medicine and bread before turning her back at him. Walking towards the tree. Naine also descended down the hill at that moment.

When Naine reached the bottom of the hill, he saw the children waiting for him. He smiled gently and walked towards them. When he reached them, he sat down directly on the pavement.

"W-warm mister!" The children panicked at the nobleman who suddenly sat on the dirty pavement. Naine was puzzled as he tilted his head to his left to look at the panicking children in front of him.

Naine realized what he had done. He's so used to sitting on the floor of his study that he just sat on the pavement, unconsciously. It's really uncommon for a nobleman to do this. Naine laughed at this. His handsome laughter enveloped the slums. The children stopped panicking at that moment and just stared at him blankly, hearts beating fast and eyes shaking.

Just how can a man look this handsome? The children didn't want to know. And Cale just missed this scene, unfortunately.

Naine stopped his laugh at some point and took the bag of medicine and bread. He moved them towards the children gaping in front of him. The children didn't move, so he took the older girl's hand gently as he placed the medicine and bread on it. He did the same to the younger one.

'This mister really is warm...' the children thought as they received the medicine and bread.

Naine smiled at them when they clutched the contents to their chest with almost crying faces. The warmth given to them by this man spread through their bodies.

Naine then took his bread out, unwrapped it and took a bite of it.

'This is pretty good...' Naine thought. The children saw this and wanted to take a bite too since Naine looked like he was enjoying the bread, but they couldn't. They needed to let the nobleman finish his meal first before they ate theirs.

Naine saw this and understood that they were waiting. He frowned a bit.

"Let's eat..." Naine told the children, in his soft voice.

"...it's lonely to eat alone." He added, as he smiled gently at them.

The children looked at him, bewildered. Nobody wanted to eat with a peasant, especially a nobleman. This would just kill a noble's appetite. The children were looking for his eyes to find a room for doubt or disgust. That the noblemen were actually joking and none of this warmth that they felt today was true.

The wind helped the children.

The wind gently blew Naine's hair showing his eyes.

There sitting in front of them, in the cold dirty pavement, was a nobleman with clear eyes staring back at them. The nobleman has no malice, disgust, or anything towards them. The nobleman just stared back at them with his little smile planted in his usually stoic face. It was a smile full of warmth. Welcoming them to eat with him.

At that moment, the children suddenly ripped off the wraps of their bread and took a huge bite on it. Naine just stared at them happily and continued to eat his bread, occasionally wiping the children's faces with his clean handkerchief. The children bit their bread as tears streamed down their faces once again.

'It's warm. It's really warm...' On thought as she took a bite of her steaming bread.

'Noona, I wanna go with this warm mister...' Hong thought as he looked at his older sister.

'Let's make ourselves useful...' On thought as she responded to her brother's gaze. They both look at the man sitting comfortably on the pavement without any complaint, smiling at them. They returned that smile to him.

'Such pretty eyes...' the children thought.

Meanwhile on top of the hill...

"Weird..." Cale said as she looked at the tree in front of her. The eerie feeling and uncomfortable sound still resounded around the tree, but she couldn't hear the voice of the glutton priestess as she fed the tree.

'I'm now in my last bag, why can't I hear her?' Cale thought.

'Am I doing this right?' Cale thought as she poured the contents of the last bag. The tree shined white as the last bread fell. Cale smiled at that moment. The power is still in there. The light passed through her heart forming a shield tattoo in her chest. Cale smiled again as she felt the warmth of the shield.

It was at that moment.

-Cale! It was nice to see you again!

The glutton priestess exclaimed.

-Did you know that seal is really suffocating? I couldn't see anything or hear anything! I can't even hear my friends! It was scary! Just like the time they locked me in the temple for eating so many and-uhm... Cale?

The glutton priestess stopped.

Cale was frozen in her place. Mind running erratically.

Her Ancient powers still remember her. They had crossed with his soul, but they were sealed. Which means that the ancient powers that belonged to his soul before the transmigration could not be taken by anyone but him.

Cale smirked at this conclusion.

'Looks like I won't have to worry about them being taken from me.'

At that moment, Cale smiled in a way that Raon would tell him if they were going to scam someone or loot them dry.

-Are you Cale? Although you're very pretty and look a lot like Cale, you're not our Cale! Our Cale is a man! Return me to him!

Cale suddenly frowned at the priestess's loud remarks inside her head.