Chapter 10: The young master's 'friend'.

"Cale-nim!"

"What the fuck?" Cale could only curse as she looked at Choi Han from Naine's back.

Everyone was shocked at what the raven haired man had said, including Cale.

'How did he know me? He wasn't supposed to know me yet, unless...' Cale thought as she looked at the crying Choi Han, wiping his tears with his blood and ashes stained sleeves.

No one could utter a word at that moment, that is why silence enveloped the area as Naine fixed himself to fully shield Cale and the children from the raven haired man's crying gaze. Feeling iffy about the situation, Naine wanted to speak first but Choi Han had spoken first.

"Cale-nim it's me! Choi Han!" Choi Han said as he pronounced himself proudly to them, while there were tears running down his face.

'...unless he's like me.'

At that time, faster than a moment. Choi Han sprinted towards the man with the same red hair as his liege. He decreased the distance between them in an instant. Before the children nor Cale could react. Choi Han stopped in front of him, just a hand away. His bowed head was lifted the moment he stopped in front of him. Choi Han then looked at the man in front of him with relief.

'If Cale-nim is here, then he's the Cale-nim I know...' Choi Han thought. Tears once again streamed down his face. He can't help it, since he's very worried about Cale. Choi Han reached for 'Cale's' hand and squeezed them tightly, just enough to call it a squeeze. His eyes shook as tears flowed down his face, he bowed down his head to cover his crying face as he held Cale's hand in his shaking hand.

Cale just finished a test, a motherfucking test from a motherfucking ass sealed god. Cale needed a rest but he can't, why? They're back at the beginning. These thoughts circled Choi Han's mind at that time, he then unconsciously held 'Cale's' hand a bit tighter. The hand flinched a bit. Choi Han didn't mind the flinch as he brought that hand to his face as his head remained bowing with eyes full of sadness and guilt.

'I can't even stop it. Cale-nim...' Choi Han thought. Feeling the warmth of the other.

"Cale-nim...I-I don't know what happened b-but we're supposed to go back to our world after the test. T-the god of Death promised as his end to our deal..." Choi Han said as he clenched the hand he's holding to his face a bit tightly. His shaking voice resounded in the slums.

Naine watched the raven haired man holding his hand and crying with a puzzled look. He then peeked at his sister hiding on his back.

'Haaa, I knew it.' Cale thought as she received Naine's puzzled gaze. Her eyes shook a bit before calming again.

'I'll explain...' Cale thought returning the gaze to her brother as she held the ends of his coat. Moonlight shone on them at that moment and Cale saw Naine's clear eyes looking back at her. Her brother then nodded in return and muttered softly for her to hear,

"I trust you..."

Cale's eyes widened a bit as Naine returned his gaze to the raven haired man who's holding his hand. She's completely being trusted by Naine even without leverage, his clear eyes had said so. She's completely being trusted by her brother who 'he' never had in 'his' timeline, someone who's a stranger but at the same time someone who's strangely familiar. Someone whom she can't help but lean on.

Cale's shaking eyes darted on the large back of her brother as moonlight shone on his red hair. That red hair shone under the moonlight, like a blooming rose standing tall and proud amidst the darkness gently lit by the moon. The back who looked so thin, also looked strong, as that back guards her. And honestly, Cale felt that it was strangely comfortable and strangely dependable as warmth envelopes her heart looking at him.