Chapter 8: The indestructible shield (2).

-Are you Cale? Although you're very pretty and look a lot like Cale, you're not our Cale! Our Cale is a man! Return me to him!

Cale suddenly frowned at the priestess's loud remarks inside her head.

-Even if you feed me with those delicious bread with soft textures and sweet smell, just like how my Cale did! I won't go with you!

"It was always an amazing and professional evaluation..." Cale said as she thought that the glutton priestess never changed.

"Though, you're still as loud as ever." Cale added smirking a bit.

-Huh?

The glutton priestess stopped making ruckus.

-Cale?

"Yes?"

-Are you really Cale? My Cale?

'When did I become yours?' Cale thought, raising an eyebrow as she frowns.

-Gasp! That! That bitchy face! You're Cale! You're really Cale!

The glutton priestess exclaimed happily.

'What's wrong with my face?' Cale thought, puzzled. Cale didn't want to think further as long as the glutton priestess understood.

-What happened? You're my Cale, but at the same time you're not. How did you become a girl? Did some god curse you again?

Gasp!

"How did you know?" Cale answered, surprised. Her eyes widened a bit at the glutton priestess' spot on retort.

-...

The glutton priestess was greatly astonished.

-D-don't worry Cale! I'm here now! I'll protect you!

The glutton priestess exclaimed as she really had nothing to say to this unlucky human of hers. Just as Cale had finished a test, another came afterwards. Those gods didn't even let Cale rest.

"Thanks." Cale muttered to her first ancient power.

'How dependable.' Cale thought as she turned her back to the tree that was now clean and white, excluding a holy aura.

-Just leave it to me!

The glutton priestess exclaimed once again. Cale is now descending the hill with a smirk planted on her lips.

"Right, before I forget." Cale said to the glutton priestess.

-Hm?

"I'm thrown to a parallel world that's a bit similar to ours."

-Huh?

"And I'm a girl here."

-Huh?

"Oh, and I have an older brother. So don't be too surprised."

-Huh?

The glutton priestess can't even retort nor react to the bombs that Cale dropped on her, she's just simply astonished.

"It's the pretty sister!" The children exclaimed when they spotted Cale who had just descended the hill. The children were pointing at her as they told Naine who's still sitting on the cold pavement. Cale stopped at her tracks as she eyed her brother, who's sitting comfortably on the pavement.

'What the-' Cale thought as she looked at her brother like he's an exotic ingredient she just had encountered. Naine met her eyes at that moment so he stood up and dusted his pants. The children also helped in removing the dust in Naine's pants. He thanked them and the children smiled sweetly at him.