Chapter 13: The invitation to the royal banquet.

Just before the sunrise, Cale was standing in front of Naine's temporary room, knocking softly. It was not in Cale's character to initiate something like an explanation, but she felt that it's very urgent and important. Especially since shit happened last night, throwing the estate in chaos when Choi Han tackled her brother down on the floor.

"Oppa, it's me Cale..." Cale whispered as she knocked on his door. Seconds later, the sound of a shifting blanket and hurried footsteps were heard.

Click.

The door opened and a half asleep man came out. His hair was disheveled so much it was everywhere, as he rubs his eyes forcing himself to be awake. Cale thought at that moment that Naine was cute at his current appearance. Just like On and Hong who were sleeping so soundly in her room.

"Cale? What's wrong?" Naine's sleepy voice rang out.

"Let's go." Cale said as she grabbed his wrist pulling with her as they walked in the long hallway of the estate.

"To where?" Naine said, his eyes closing as he walked with Cale in front of him.

"Choi Han." Cale said nonchalantly.

"Oh." Naine said as the mention of Choi Han's name jolted him awake. He stiffened in Cale's grip as memories of last night's chaos flashed in his mind. He stopped immediately causing Cale to stop too.

"C-Cale, do I n-need to be present at your talk?" Naine said, stuttering. Cale looked back at her brother who's looking at her with a shaking gaze. His cheeks were blushing as he asked Cale.

'Woah, this is so unfair...'

'How can someone look so handsome yet cute?' Cale thought as she looked at her brother's shaking gaze and blushing cheeks, accompanied by his bed hair. But pity surfaced, Cale then inwardly shook her head as she looked at him with pity in her eyes.

'He must be a bit awkward with Choi Han, since they fought yesterday and Choi Han even tackled him.' Cale thought as she remembered the broken table and the tumbled sofa as Choi Han pinned him down and glared at him. Cale remembered how Choi Han looked vicious at that moment and shivered a bit.

'He must be a bit afraid of Choi Han, should I explain it to him separately?'

"Now that I think about it, I'll go with you." Naine said as he hid his embarrassment.

"I'll also apologize to him. Let's go." Naine said. Thinking that he can't let his sister and a man inside a room by themselves. It makes him a bit bitter about it, his sister's attention being taken by another man.

"Are you sure?" Cale said to him as she resumed their walk.

"Yeah..."

Silence enveloped them as Naine let himself be dragged by Cale as they walked through the hallways, he waited for her to continue but she didn't. Cale was thinking of her explanation at that moment. She needed to explain these things without Naine panicking nor Choi Han going on a rampage. But Cale thought that Naine wouldn't panic, since he's very calm and understanding.

And he trusted her.

"..."

A heavy feeling resided in her heart at that moment. He's Cale but she's also not Cale. At least not his' Cale. It was very complicated, nobody would believe her bullshit. That's why she's hoping that Naine could understand, no, at least hear her out and let him decide whether to believe her or not. Cale subconsciously held his hand a bit tighter, as she made her mind to tell him. Since, he's feeling guilty about taking her position in this world.