Cruel

Isabela's POV:

I woke up, hot and flustered. What was that dream
about!? Oh, god I did I just have a wet dream of Y/N?! I looked up at my ceiling, thinking about the dream.

Isabela: Why did that feel so real?!

I groan tossing and turning in bed then recall what Dolores had told me.

Dolores: Your heart skipped a beat...

I groaned again and covered my face with a pillow screaming into it. I uncovered my face, I could feel my cheeks heating up.

Isabela: God, it's like those teenage crushes all over again.

I mean, how could I not have feelings for (Y/N)? She was...so...sweet. At least, that's what my mouth told me every time I thought about (Y/N); my mouth tasted sweet.

Isabela: How strange...

I was sure that (Y/N) somehow put a spell on me and honestly I didn't mind, I liked the warm feeling, it has been a while since I felt like that, but then I remembered Mariano and what the people in town would say...what Abuela would say.

I couldn't be with (Y/N), it would ruin my reputation.

Isabela: Will people think I'm sick?

I lay on my bed, frowning. What if someone discovered that I saw (Y/N) as more than just a friend? Would they say even more hurtful things to (Y/N) than they already do? Was (Y/N) going to get hurt? I sigh and my expression changes to one of determination... It was time to distance myself from (Y/N) before my feelings got the better of me. It was time to try to rip these feelings from my chest.

To be "normal."

Sure, it would take a few weeks, but I would be able to continue talking to her as if nothing had happened. It was easy...

Right?

Narrator's POV:

Isabela wondered around town she had just finished her daily tasks and was heading back home when she heard people laughing.

Isabela: Well, those are some ugly laughs.

She thought to herself, but she followed them anyway, hoping that her presence would silence them because they were freaking annoying. When she turned a corner, she noticed some town girls encircling (Y/N). Isabela hid behind a wall. She wasn't supposed to talk to her yet. What was (Y/N) doing in town? She doesn't normally go outside her house, according to Mariano.

???: Do you have a secret crush on her or something?

Isabela: What? Crush on who?

She questioned, feeling something on her stomach stirred.

(Y/N): What do you mean...?

???2: Don't act all innocent! Tell us what you really think about Isabela!

Isabela was confused, why would they want to know about that? Did they see her with (Y/N)? Was (Y/N) in trouble because of her? She bit her lower lip, knowing she should be going home, but she was curious as to what (Y/N) thought of her.

(Y/N):...She's just a Prima Donna...

The shocked expression on Isabela's face mirrors her world cracking like glass and falling apart.

Isabela: Whaaaat!? A Prima Donna!? Me!?

(Y/N): And also...

Y/N continued as Isabela listened attentively.

Y/N: I think that she seems lonely...

Isabela's pupils dilated. She looked at (Y/N), her face looked soft without pity it was so genuine she looked concerned. God this woman was going to be the end of Isabela...

Isabela: What? Why would she think that?

(Y/N): Even though she's surrounded by people...she seems...lonely...

Isabela breath got caught in her throat. Why was this happening to her? How can a person have this effect on her? She shook her head heading to casita with this confusing thoughts running through her head. The taste in her mouth was now bittersweet.

Dolores' POV:

This was getting interesting. I heard what the girls said to (Y/N), and I knew Isabela heard everything because I could hear her heart beating faster. I honestly didn't expect that response from (Y/N), but after giving it some thought, what (Y/N) said was true. After being Isabela's shadow for so long, I noticed that Isabela is always surrounded by people, but she didn't have anyone close to her who wasn't family.

Isabela was truly lonely.

Isabela burst into the Casita panting. She looked around as her gaze landed on me, and I suppressed the urge to laugh.

Dolores: How is your attempt to avoid (Y/N) going?

She glared at me, her breath still caught in her throat.

Isabela: Not a word, do you hear me?

I raise my arms in surrender and nod; she scoffs and walks up to her room; I had never seen Isabela act like that before; it was amusing. I wonder if I could persuade (Y/N) to be with Isabela? I mean, I'm doing it for her and (Y/N)...and maybe a little for myself, but still...

A loud knock is heard, but Mirabel is already there before I can open the door. When did she leave her room?

Mirabel: (Y/N), what happened to you? Are you okey?!

Mirabel says with concern. I raised an eyebrow and looked out the door, my eyes widening as I noticed (Y/N) clothes were dirty and she had bruises on her body.

(Y/N): I don't want to talk about it...

Abuela: What is going on here?!

The sudden appearance of Abuela made me flinch. When she saw (Y/N), her displeasure turned to concern.

Abuela: Mija, what happened?

Abuela said guiding (Y/N) to the couch.

(Y/N): Nothing, I simply...fell.

God she's bad at lying...Mirabel rushes to the kitchen, Abuela frowns at (Y/N), clearly seeing through her lies.

Abuela: Mija, I'm not dumb I need you to tell me who did this so I can put a stop to it.

(Y/N) looked down at her lap, and there was a brief moment of silence before she responded.

(Y/N): I'm disgusting...

Abuela was taken aback by her words, but she remained silent while waiting for (Y/N) to continue.

(Y/N): At least, that's what they say...Just because I like girls the same way I should like boys, they say I'm a sinner and a disgrace...I don't want to be here, I don't want to be in Encanto anymore.

She said as a few tears run down her face. Abuela seem normal. I honestly thought she was going to kick (Y/N) out but she is just standing there looking at (Y/N) who covers her face crying. Mirabel walked in but froze when she saw (Y/N) crying. She rushed over to her and hugged her. Abuela stood up and exited the casita without saying anything.

Mirabel: (Y/N), it's fine...

(Y/N): It's not fine...

I frown, this wasn't the first time this happened I always heard the names they called her. It was repulsive. How could people treat their own kind with such venom just because they were different.

Dolores: How could people be so cruel?