Feeling Returned...

Narrator's POV:

Y/N: Damn, insomnia is a bitch.

After what happened in casita. You have been tossing and turning in your bed trying to fall asleep. You feel so exhausted. You shut your eyes, but light glowed through your eyelids, and you slowly blinked your eyes open again. The moon was shining right through your window, and you would have thought it was beautiful if you weren't trying to sleep. Your pillow was kind of harder than usual too, or maybe it was just your head playing tricks on you. You sighed in frustration and rolled out of bed, quite literally. Of course, you immediately face planted onto the floor.

Y/N: Ugh... terrible idea...

When you finally got up from the floor, you decided to go outside for a walk since the people in town should be asleep by now and maybe just walking around would make you tired enough to sleep. You were still scared that someone might be awake and see you, so you just walked outside of the village through the hills that went up and down, and as you went up to the highest hill, you sat down exhausted.

Y/N: Dios, that was a long walk.

You lay down on the grassy field, looking up at the stars. You smiled at the dark sky with beautiful celestial bodies until you heard a scream from the distance. You quickly shot up and looked around confused.

Y/N: Maybe it was just my imagination?

You were getting ready to leave for home when you heard another scream.

Y/N: Okay, it's not my imagination.

You said, turning around and heading to the noise, but stopped when you noticed that it led to the forest.

Y/N: Okey, never mind I'm not going in there.

???: Gah! Why can't you just grow correctly!

Wait Y/N knew that voice. Y/N carefully made her way into the forest, spotting Isabela?

Y/N: Who is she talking to?

Isabela scrounged down, closing her eyes, her hand out to the grass growing a blue rose. Y/N's eyes shine with delight.

Y/N: Pretty...

Y/N hadn't seen Isabela grow those types of flowers in a long time. She carefully walked over to Isabela, who still had her eyes closed. She smiled down at her before crouching down to get a better look at the flower.

Y/N: It's beautiful.

Isabela yelped, falling down on her bottom. You just stared at her, surprised as her gaze fell on you.

Isabela: Y-Y/N! What are you doing here!?

She looked around frantically to see if you were with anyone else and proceeded to look at the flower she grew and then at you.

Isabela: Ah! D-don't look at it!

She said, hovering her hands over the flower.

Isabela: It's weird and I-uh accidentally grew it. It's hideous, right?

She said, laughing nervously, not being able to look at you. She just looked down at her hands that were still hovering over the flower. You looked at Isabela, amazed by this new behavior, a small chuckle escaping your lips as you grabbed both of Isabela's hands in hers.

Y/N: Well, I think it's beautiful...

You said, moving Isabela's hands away from the flower to look at it and then back at Isabela with a sweet smile.

Y/N: Just like it's creator.

*Thump*

The only sound Isabela could hear after you said that was the sound of her own heart pounding loudly in her ears, like the insistent heavy drumming of rain beating upon a window pane. Her eyes softened as her body relaxed, losing control of herself and instinctively leaning forward.

*Thump*

And with that, Isabela connected your lips together. It was a sweet and short kiss. When Isabela pulled away, Y/N was too stunned to speak. She blinked rapidly, mouth hanging open, trying to process what just happened.

Isabela: Y/N I- I like you.

Y/N looked down trying to comprehend what Isabela had said as Isabela intertwined her hands with her. Y/N's eyes became glossy as she looked up at Isabela, smiling.

Y/N: Isa I- I like you too...

Isabela's heart fluttered at her words. But that feeling was long gone when tears began to fall down Y/N's face. Isabela slowly brought her hand up to wipe her tears, but was stopped by Y/N, whose lips quivered when she looked at her.

Y/N: I can't-

She said, letting out a sniffle. Isabela looked at her, perplexed.

Isabela: Y/N, what happened? What do you mean you can't?

Y/N closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down as she took a deep breath. She looked up at Isabela, but her words still came out, between sobs.

Y/N: Isabela I- like you but- Mariano loves you.

Isabela's eyes widen. She had forgotten that she was destined to be with Mariano under her Abuela's wishes.

Y/N: I'm sorry-

She suddenly pulled away from Isabela as she stood up.

Y/N: I'm sorry Isabela I just— I can't!

She said, running away from that place as Isabela's world crumbled around her. What has she done? The only person who she felt she could be herself around without having to worry about judgment had slipped through her fingers just because of her selfish feelings.

Isabela: What did I do?

Isabela whispered in a flat, quiet voice. When Y/N was out of sight, she sank into the grass with sadness, and stared into her hands, letting the tears blur her vision.

Isabela: What did I do?

She said it again, this time between sobs. The strong wind of the night was the only thing around to comfort her sorrow as she kept repeating those words again and again until her mouth ran dry.
____________________________________

(A/N): I never thought I could write something so fucking sad I'm not sorry by the way but I am sorry for not uploading in a long time you guys probably thought I died or something but nah.