Weird

Narrator's POV:

Y/N: Shit, shit, shit, what could have put señora Pepa in such a bad mood today!?

Y/N said, running as rain fell heavily. She usually liked rain, but today wasn't the day for it, and she didn't want to be struck by lightning. She looked around for shelter when she noticed the library's entrance was open.

Y/N: Thank god!

She dashed inside, almost tripping on the stairs on the way in. She finally relaxed, letting out a heavy sigh. She looked around and noticed that the library was empty. She smiled as she realized she wouldn't have to deal with people and their nasty looks. Y/N enjoyed reading but didn't come around very often because...well, people... She hummed in delight as she slowly began to walk around the halls of the library looking for 'the book' when a flash of purple caught her eye and she turned around to see Isabela who had just walked in. She smiled as she finally found the book, took it, and turned around to face Isabela.

Y/N: Hello there, flower girl.

Isabela frowned at Y/N while crossing her arm, but Y/N couldn't take it seriously because Isabela was drenched from the rain.

Isabela: What? Forgot my name again?

Y/N looked at her amused by her sassy tone.

Y/N: Isabela.

Y/N put a hand on her chest looking at Isabela offended.

Y/N: How could you think something like that.

Y/N said dramatically, Isabela rolled her eyes at her as a smiled form on her face without her knowing. Isabela was convinced that (Y/N) had cast a spell on her. She stood there unknowingly looking you up and down, checking every part of your body. Your collar bone, jaw line, hands, waist, chest, and your eyes that caused a trance in her.

Y/N: You know you should take a picture, it last longer.

Y/N stated as she walked to a table to take a seat. Flowers popped on Isabela's head as she blushed slightly at being discovered. Y/N laughed as she patted the sit next to her.

Y/N: You wanna sit and talk about dumb stuff.

Isabela: Like what?

Y/N: Boys.

Isabela chuckled as she took a seat next to her.

Isabela: You know I've always thought you were weird.

Y/N: Hey! Being weird is a blessing.

Y/N says proudly, causing Isabela to let out a dorky laugh. Isabela covers her mouth in embarrassment, looking around, relieved that no one was nearby. As her gaze landed on Y/N, who looked at her, surprised, but smiled.

Y/N: That was adorable...

Isabela rolled her eyes as she looked at Y/N and then at the book she was holding.

Isabela: What's the book about?

Y/N looks at Isabela with a small smile as she turns her gaze to the book. It looked old and had no title in it which made Isabela more curious.

Y/N: This is the book that makes me feel normal. I've done a lot of research on it. I had no idea why I felt the way I did about a woman when I first started to like them. I was supposed to feel that way towards boys, not girls. It was terrifying, but then I found this book and realized it was normal and it has existed for a very long time...but they were all hidden. "Normal" people looked down on such love, even despised and feared it.

Y/N opens the book to show Isabela several old
photographs of two women and two men kissing,
dancing, and just being intimate like a regular couple
would. Isabela smiles as she runs her fingers through the photos, sensing the genuineness of their love.

Isabela: It's beautiful.

Y/N nods.

Y/N: It is. I wish I could have such a brave love with someone one day.

She said, running her fingers through the pictures. Isabela turned to look at Y/N for what seemed like an eternity. Seeing Y/N talk about something with such passion made Isabela feel strange; she had never felt this way about anyone before, and while it was warm and comforting, it also scared her.

Abuela: Pepa, please try to keep your cloud under control; if this continues, the town may flood!

Pepa: I'm trying my best!

Pepa said sitting on the living room couch. The entire family was present, attempting to calm Pepa down.

Camilo: Here, mami.

Camilo said, handing her a cup of tea, while Felix drew circles on her wife's back in an attempt to calm her down. Abuela sighed angrily as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

Abuela: Dolores!

Dolores squeaks, not expecting to be called on. She turned towards her abuela a little scared when she saw her angry expression.

Dolores: Yes, abuela.

Abuela: Can you check on Isabela? She hasn't returned home, and I'm concerned for her safety.

Dolores frowned.

Dolores: I don't know if I can with all the thunder going on outside.

She said while looking around, her gaze falling on her Tia, who gives her a pleading look.

Julieta: Mija, we just want to know if she's okay.

Dolores nods and sighs quietly. She concentrated on finding Isabela's voice, and when she did, her expression changed to one of surprise at hearing her cousins laugh. She also became aware of Isabela's heartbeat. It was going unexpectedly fast. Dolores was becoming more interested in what Isabela was up to. What could be causing Isabela's heart to pound at that rate? As she continued to listen, she heard another voice, one she was all too familiar with. It was Mariano's best friend, Y/N. Dolores had spoken to you a few times, and you were always sweet and kind, always listening to her instead of the other way around. You didn't mind when she began rambling, and you eagerly listened to her. Dolores also found you weird, you were good at reading people, it was strange like you could basically read anyone like an open book. Dolores returned her focus to your voices. Only to hear you laugh and Isabela's heart skip a beat. Wait, did Dolores hear that right?

Dolores: She's in the library...

That was all she said as the rest of the family breathed a sigh of relief.