Flower Girl

Narrator's POV:

Isabela snapped out of her trance and looked at the now-grown woman in front of her. Isabela thought she was beautiful, and as she admired her, she was drawn in by her soft silver eyes, which stared back at her as if to pierce her very soul and derive her thoughts and feelings. Isabela can see that her eyes were also a variation of color, making them appear to be alive just as fire does when it moves and flickers. They appear to cast a spell on her, causing Isabela to ignore everything and freeze in a state of bafflement. But the feeling was short-lived when she noticed Y/N tensing up. Was it because she had been staring at her for too long? Has she made her uncomfortable? But then she heard it...the whispers.

???: Did you see that Isabela helped her.

???2: Why would she do that? What if she gets infected.

Isabela: What the hell are they talking about?

???3: No way, Isabela would never become a lesbian; she already has a man in her life.

Isabela cringed at the last statement as she looked down at Y/N, who was clutching onto Isabela's dress like a child who didn't want to be separated from her mother. She appeared uncomfortable and scared, far from the confident and brave girl Isabela knew as a child, seeing Y/N like this made Isabela angry for some reason. She shifted her gaze away from Y/N, glaring at the people who were gossiping about her, shutting them up.

Isabela: What's the matter with them? Why can't people just mind their own business?

She returned her gaze to Y/N who was now breathing heavily and squeezing her eyelids shut. Isabela reached for the shorter Woman's shoulder, causing her to flinch.

Isabela: Hey Y/N, look at me please.

Isabela said softly, Y/N took a shaky breath and slowly lifting her head up.

Y/N looked confused at Isabela, wondering why she has that- oh wait, being perfect her entire life must have been a burden for her

Y/N looked confused at Isabela, wondering why she has that- oh wait, being perfect her entire life must have been a burden for her. Y/N concluded as she looked at Isabela with concern.

Y/N: Isabela, are you all right?

Isabela felt a shiver run down her spine as her name rolls of your tongue. Your tone was concerned, which confused Isabela.

Isabela: I should be asking you that...

You looked up at her, confused, forgetting that you almost had a panic attack a moment ago. Your confused expression softened into a smile similar to the ones you used to give Abuela and her. Isabela felt strange in her stomach, maybe it was the nostalgia, but she just wanted to see you smile more.

???: Y/N, I finally found you?!

Y/N turn around to see Mariano approaching them. His smile brightened when he saw Isabela, which made Y/N happy for him.