Vision

Things have been... Interesting since I helped Bruno. It's been a three weeks since he passed out, and in that time, strange things have been happening. I've somehow gotten clumsy when I'm with Bruno in public, constantly tripping into him, or being pushed into his arms by someone rushing past me. If I'm just wondering around alone, I'll always bump into him somehow. I try to not think about it as I wonder the market alone. Julieta has asked me to get the required veggies for tonight's dinner. I'm at a stall where a young man is selling avocados and tomatoes.

"Well hello there! I was hoping to meet the famous Portal Girl I've heard so much about!" The man says. I look up at him without moving my head and see he's smiling. I say nothing and look for the best tomatoes and avocados. "Well, aren't you going to introduce yourself Pretty Lady?" He asks in tone that sounds pleasant, but has that undertone of someone who isn't happy with my silence. A cold chill runs down my back.

"Rose. My name is Rose." I answer automatically. The man smiles and says his name is Diogo. I mutter it's nice to meet him, and quickly buy the veggies Julieta needs. As I hand over the pesos, Diogo grips my wrist, not letting me go. I freeze, heart pounding.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I've seen you with that Seer constantly. I promise you, I'm way better than him. I'll be at Casa Madrigal tonight to show you a good time." He says, his grin smug and predatory.

"N-no thank you. I'm quite busy tonight." I gulp. He's too much like Preston, just deciding what is going to happen whether I agree or not. He confirms it by telling me he wasn't asking permission, and he will be there. "Are you really going to try to force me out of a house that has a strong woman, another woman that could zap you with lightning, or even be sure it's me you're talking to and not the shapeshifter?" I manage to threaten, but ruin it with my shaking hand. Diogo chuckles, pulling me around the stall and into his arms. His hand grips my waist painfully.

"I'll be there tonight. I'll know if it's you or Camilo." He whisper-growls. Suddenly I'm pulled back and spun around, facing the rest of the market. Dolores is with me and she pulls me into a hug, my vision blocked by her neck.

"I do believe she told you no." Bruno's voice commands. I've never heard him sound so angry before. Diogo tries to pass it off like I wanted him, but Dolores reminds him of her gift. "Stay away from her, and if you try to get near my home, the whole family and Casita will kick you out." Bruno nearly growls. I hear the rustle of a bag, then feel a warm hand on the small of my back, leading me and Dolores away. Once out of the market, Dolores let's me go and asks if I'm ok. I nod, tears falling from my eyes.

"How did you know I was in trouble?" I ask. With all the noise of the market, I assumed Dolores wouldn't be able to hear the conversation.

"Your heartbeat was so loud it drowned out everything else, so I tuned in." She smiles sadly. Bruno pulls us both into a hug, apologizing for not getting there sooner.

"It's ok, it's not your job to protect my dumb ass." I sniffle, trying to stop the tears and failing. Bruno's arm around me tightens.

"It may not be my job, but I'll still protect you as if it is." He sighs softly. Dolores hugs us tighter for a moment or two, then the hug ends. As we part, I see Bruno has my bag with the veggies for Julieta. I go to wipe my tears and realize I'm still holding the pesos.

"We have to go back. I didn't pay for those." I tell them, pointing to the bag and showing them the money in my hand. Bruno closes my hand and tells me Diogo won't go broke over three tomatoes and four avocados. We head back to the house, done with people for the day. Señora Alma is informed about Diogo, and I let her know that he may have caused trouble for more than just me. We're in the kitchen with Julieta, a hot cup of calming tea in my hands. She nods and has Luisa with her as they leave to find out if he's hurt anyone else.

"If he hurt other people, wouldn't they have told us?" Antonio asks, sitting in my lap. I take a deep breath, trying to find a way to explain in an appropriate way. Pepa sees my turmoil.

"You see cariño, sometimes, people can be too scared to tell someone something bad happened. They are scared that people won't believe them, and the person who hurt them does so again." Pepa explains to her son. He nods, then hugs my bust. I hug him back, feeling much better. Once I finish my tea, Bruno tells me to come with him. I follow him, wondering what he wants. As we get closer to his door, I get an uneasy feeling.

"Bruno? Why are we approaching your room?" I ask. He turns around and seems nervous.

"I... I want to do a vision for you. I want to see if anyone else tries to hurt you. That way, we're better prepared to protect you." He tells me, nervously wringing his hands.

"I greatly appreciate that, but you don't have to. I know they can be taxing on you, and I'd never want you hurt because of me." I tell him, taking one of his hands in mine and rubbing the back of his with my other hand. He huffs with a smile, then places his other hand on top of my hand that's caressing his.

"It's ok, I want to do this for you. You've suffered enough in your life. If I can stop more suffering, or at least lessen it, it's worth any discomfort my visions give me." He says, looking me in the eyes softly. I sigh and nod, making him smile. He lifts my hand to his lips and kisses my knuckles, making me blush. He clears his throat, then leads me to his room, still holding my hand. We make our way into the vision cave, and sit in a circle of sand.

As he sets up his herbs, I take a proper look around, having not done so last time I was here. The stone walls are smooth and grey, and I can see something is painted on them, but not exactly what it is. There are a few pillars, and above us is a stone dome. Along the walls there are benches and shelves that hold pots. The pots are what hold the herbs for the vision. He makes four piles, lights them and meditates for a bit. I watch him closely, noting to worry lines on his face relaxing as he does. When he opens his eyes, I'm breathless. They're glowing a vibrant, neon green!

"Because I'm looking for not pleasant things, I need you to do me a favor. I don't want you to see the vision. I don't want you to be scared, waiting for these things to happen." He tells me. He then slightly blushes as he says, "Best way to make sure you don't see them is for you to sit in my lap, under the ruana. Are you ok with that?" My traitorous heart skips a few beats, but I nod. He guides me over the burning herbs, lifting his ruana out of the way to show a black button up shirt. He sets me in his lap sideways, my ear right against his chest. I can feel some sort of cross necklace under the shirt. He drops the cloth over me, and I instantly feel warm. To make myself comfortable, I put my arm around his waist.

Even with the ruana covering me, I can still see Bruno's face and some of the domed ceiling through the neck opening. He closes his eyes again as he wraps his arms around me and takes a deep breath. Suddenly, wind comes out of nowhere, and I can see the sand make a dome around us, swirling in the air and twinkling green in many places. He holds me tighter, then opens his eyes again. His eyes glowing and hair whipping in the wind has me spell bound. He's so beautiful. I can't stop myself as I watch him, and fall deeply and irrecoverably in love with him. He watches the vision unfold, his expression changing. At first he's confused, then surprised. Followed by happy, then a blushing mess. Whatever he's seeing must be spicy, for I feel his dick jump in interest every now and then. He also gulps a few times.

"What's going on? What do you see?" I ask, adjusting a little so my head rests against his neck. Before he adjusts the ruana, I see a sandy version of my face contorted in pleasure.

"Let's just say, you won't be suffering anymore." He huffs, voice a little deeper than usual. Suddenly, the sand falls all around us, so I hide in his neck to protect my eyes. I hear a soft thud, but Bruno doesn't let me go. I look up at him and see his eyes are closed. He's taking deep, slow breaths. I ask him if he's ok, if he needs me to get something to eat or drink. He shakes his head, then pauses, finally asking, "Actually, could you get me some water please? Sand is very course on the throat." I nod, carefully getting up and racing out the door.

(Bruno's P.O.V.)

Rose rushes out the door, either forgetting about the slab or ignoring it. Once I hear the door close, I pick up the slab. My heart races as I look at it. She and I... In a VERY intimate position, rings on our left ring fingers. My mind races, first thinking it must be a mistake. She can't see me that way. Then I remember the blush on her cheeks when I kissed her knuckles. I didn't even realize I was kissing her knuckles until she blushed. I rush to my room and hide the slab among the other slabs in my closet. If this future is to come to pass, I want it to naturally happen, not because she saw the slab and feels obligated.