Pleasurable Aftermath

I feel warm. Light. Like I'm at the beach and relaxed. But it's dark. I can't see a thing. I taste something sweet on my tongue that's faintly familiar.... Is that Julieta's elixir? I tried one around my first week here, mainly because I fell down the stairs chasing after Antonio. I start to hear voices and sounds.

"She's gonna be ok. Dolores is on the way, I'm sure the babies are ok." Luna's voice says, sounding worried. Why would she be worried? In quick flashes, I remember the battle, and the pain I felt in the back of my head. Oh boy, I'm probably getting a good yelling from both Bruno and Luna. Julieta's magic works it's wonders, for I feel no pain. Can't open my eyes though.

"She should be waking up soon. I gotta get to the others, but I'll be back." Julieta's voice says. Then I hear her rush off. I feel large hands and strong arms holding me tightly. My head feels like it's cradled against a warm chest.

"Please, Bebita. Please wake up. I need you to wake up." Bruno's voice pleads above me. My heart clenches at how much despair is in his voice. I force my eyes open, the first thing I see is Bruno's worried face, blood dried on the side of it. His face relaxes into relief as I smile at him.

"Hey there handsome." I say, bringing my hand up to caress his cheek. He nuzzles into it, then kisses my palm. "What happened?" I ask.

"It seems you didn't knock out Ass Face before throwing him in the fountain. He chucked a piece of rubble at you and it hit the back of your head." Luna explains, sitting by my side. Footsteps come running up and I see Alma and Dolores. Dolores is going to check for all three heartbeats, making sure they are ok. She places her ear on my belly, and I don't like how long she's taking.

"I.... I only hear two." She squeaks. My heart drops. No, no way. I refuse! She moves her ear a bit more, then sighs in relief. "There's the third! It was farther back! They're all ok!" She smiles as she looks at me. Bruno rests his forehead again mine, a few tears falling to my face. After a few moments, Luna and Bruno help me stand up slowly, and I look around. I sigh in relief when I see Riley and Camilo snuggling against a wall, a little banged up but ok. Julieta is running around, giving healing food to those injured. I feel something nuzzle the side of my leg, and look down, only to jump in fear into Luna's arms. It's a puma!

"It's ok! This is Benji, remember?" She laughs, putting me down. I remember the portal and timidly reach out with my hand. The puma reaches his head up to head bump my hand.

"Nice kitty.... Good kitty...." I nervously chuckle. He meows and moves to the front of our group, like he's keeping guard. My heart drops when I see Preston. He's tied to a cart and beat to hell. Diogo is with him, either dead or unconscious. He looks straight at me and spits in my direction. I get flashbacks of him spitting on me after he beat me, and I see red.

I make a beeline for them, ignoring the others as they call my name. Once I'm able to, I start kicking the shit out of Preston. I let out every grievance I have, every reason I should kill him here and now. Bruno softly calls my name, bringing me out of the fog of anger. I back up and cling to Bruno, my face buried in his chest. He holds me tightly, rubbing my back.

"Then do it, pussy! Kill me. You don't have the guts. You never did. You're weak, pathetic. You couldn't even give me a son! And now look at you. Fat, a used up toy! You're better off dead." Preston snarls. Before any of us can react, Bruno let's me go, then starts punching the shit out of him!

"Don't you DARE speak of my wife that way!!! The woman who has fought hard to heal from your bullshit! The woman who IS carrying my children!" He demands. All of our jaws are dropped. "You're the worthless one who couldn't give her shit! You don't get to call yourself a man!!!" He growls and he continues to beat Preston. I grab Bruno's shoulders and pull him back, telling him it's enough. I pull him away and cup his face so he's only looking at me. He grips the sides of my shirt, breathing fast.