Triplets 2.0

The past five months since the battle have been.... An experience. Luna, Hernando and Benji returned to their dimension, and every now and then, a portal appears to reconnect us. Almost like someone, or something, is watching us. Knows when one of us needs the other. I'm in the backyard with Alma and Luna, enjoying the sun and sitting in a chair. My belly has ballooned, holding three very kicky babies.

"Wouldn't it be hilarious if you have two boys and a girl, and the girl is the 'youngest'?" Luna chuckles. I laugh and ask if the girl's gift is gonna be seeing the past, making Luna slyly grin.

"Gift or no gift, these babies will be loved and cherished." Alma softly smiles. I smile back, knowing she's right. Every morning, Bruno greets my bump and kisses it three times. At night he does it again and tells our babies how much he loves them already, and can't wait to meet them. I'll just be glad to have them off my bladder.

Bruno, Hernando, Benji, Agustín and Pepa are putting the finishing touches on the nursery. Pepa is using her newfound control over her powers to help the paint dry quickly. I've not been allowed to see the nursery. Bruno wanted it to be a surprise for me. Leo has been dropping hints that I'll love it. Speaking of Leo, I see him and Luisa walking hand in hand towards town, and smile at them.

After the battle, Leo and Luisa became an official couple. Apparently he got knocked out too while protecting Luisa, and when he came too, he first saw her and told her she was pretty. I look around the backyard, and see Riley and Camilo climbing trees with Antonio. I smile at them, then lay my head back, soaking in the peaceful atmosphere. Life can't get better than this.

"Bruno! Watch what you're doing! If you ruin this shirt, Luna will kill you!" Hernando's voice yells. I look towards the nursery window, and hear Bruno tell him it can get easily washed. I chuckle and shake my head.

Suddenly, my underwear feels soaked, and I feel a wet spot form. I furrow my brow, thinking. I didn't have any urge to use the bathroom, and I don't smell pee. That can only mean one thing.

"Uh, ladies?" I call, getting Luna and Alma's attention. "Either I just pissed myself, or I'm having the babies. Now." I tell them, wide eyed. Luna drops the empanada she was eating and Alma gasps. After asking permission and it being granted it, Alma looks under my skirt, making sure it's my water breaking.

"It's time! I'll get Rose to Julieta!" She says as she comes out from under my skirt.

"I'll go get Bruno!" Luna says, jumping up and running inside. Alma takes my hand and arm in hers, and helps me waddle inside. Julieta meets us in the courtyard, and Casita gets us all to the bathroom quickly. I sit on the toilet and wait for Julieta to finish with the tub. Apparently giving birth in a tub is easier on me, and makes clean up a lot more manageable. Alma holds my hand and tells me to take deep breaths.

Once the bathtub is full enough, Julieta has me undress and get in. I'm kneeling on the bottom of the tub, leaned over so my arms rest on the tub's edge. The warm water is soothing and calming. I see herbs floating in the water, and Julieta tells me they are from her stash of herbs in her room. They help the birthing process, cutting down labor time. Like the elixirs Bruno uses when he passes out. Alma takes my hand again and gives me encouragement. I smile at her, then hear muffled voices outside the door, one of them being Bruno's voice.

"Let me in! Rose needs me there and I want to be there for my kids birth!" His voice yells.

"You're covered in paint and sweat!!! It's not sanitary!!! Go hose off first!" Luna's voice scolds. I chuckle and rest my head on the edge of the tub, feeling like I have to take a major shit.

"Wait, I thought men in this era didn't enter the birthing room until after the baby is born? Shouldn't Bruno be with Felix, Agustín and I in another room? Smoking celebratory cigars?" Leo's voice asks.