Jorge

Another perfect day in the Encanto. My babies are now 5 months old, and true to Bruno's word, Flora is the feistiest of the three. She is very much a Daddy's Girl, the only one who can calm her tantrums is Bruno. Today is a day off for everyone, and Luna, Hernando, and Benji are visiting. Luna brought her other two sons along this time. Little Mateo and baby Diego, who's about a month or so older than my babies. We're all in the backyard. Music is playing, the village kids are playing with Mateo, Antonio, Camilo, Riley and Mirabel, and the adults are gathered around, relaxing.

Conversations flow and I'm currently feeding Rune and Flora. Bruno has an already fed and burped Oscar, bouncing him on his leg and making him squeal. Once Rune has been fed and burped, Mariano asks to hold him. He's been asking to hold the babies frequently, as a sort of training for when Dolores has their babies. I smile and let him take Rune, who seems to love being held by Mariano. Dolores holds Fiona, and I smile at my family.

Suddenly I hear sticks snap quickly, like someone is stumbling. I look out to the treeline and see someone leaning against a tree. I get a feeling of dread in my stomach. "Hey, Madrigals? We got company." I call out. Bruno looks up and we see the person stumble towards us,  dropping to the ground. Julieta and I jump up, racing over to the hurt person. As we get closer, my heart freezes. The person is wearing Bruno's ruana, and it's torn, ripped and bloody.

"I'll go back and get my elixirs." Julieta says, turning around and heading back. I reach the person and carefully flip them over. I gasp when I see their face. It's another Bruno, only this one has some painful looking scars and seems younger. Maybe 10 to 15 years, give or take. I call back to the others that it's another Bruno, and he's hurt. Luna phases over to my side, and starts looking for wounds.

He is beat to hell, large gashes, bruises and scrapes covering him, blood everywhere. Luna and I make him as comfortable as possible, using my shawl as a makeshift pillow. Julieta appears with a few bottles and an arepa for when he wakes. Bruno is by my side, having handed off Oscar to Leo. I have the new Bruno's head in my lap, making it easier for Julieta to give him the elixir.

After a few suspenseful moments, watching the wounds rapidly heal, New Bruno's eyes open. I smile, looking down at him. Tears prickle in his eyes and he sighs as he touches my cheek, "There is a heaven. I'm so sorry Lily. I should have protected you better." My eyebrows scrunch in confusion.

"Um... My name is Rose. Who is Lily?" I ask. I feel my Bruno tense up but a squeeze from my hand on his calms him. New Bruno removes his hand and takes a shuddering breath.

"I'm not dead, am I?" He asks, sounding like his very soul is tired. Julieta tells him nope. A tear falls when he hears Julieta's voice, and my heart aches for him. What happened to this Bruno? We help him stand up, and my Bruno helps him walk across the yard to the rest of the family. He sits at a table, and he looks around, like he's reminiscing.

Julieta tells him to eat the arepa, which he does slowly. I look to Luna and Hernando, and they look just as confused and worried as I do. "Let's start simply. How did you get here?" I ask. He sighs and takes another bite of the arepa. We wait for him to be ready, and he takes a deep breath once he finishes his food.

"Portal. I came here through a portal." He says, looking forward. Another portal? Jeez, how many portals are gonna shit people out!? Luna asks how the portal opened for him, and he raises an eyebrow. "I opened it. Just like how I opened the others for you guys."

"You're the one responsible for the portals!?" I exclaim. He flitches but nods. "Why? I'm not complaining, and am in fact very grateful for it. I just want to know why." He swallows, and won't look at me.

"Something tells me the kids shouldn't hear this." Luna says, looking to Benji. Benji nods, then corrals everyone under eighteen away from the group, promising a game he made up. He carries Diego while Mirabel and Riley carry the triplets. Once they are out of hearing distance, New Bruno takes a deep breath.