Steamy Birthday

Next morning, I learn just what the family meant by today being crazy. I've only just stepped out of my room to find a ton of people setting up decorations and moving furniture. Pepa saves me from the hallway and manages to get us to the kitchen for breakfast. Julieta, Felix and Agustín are already there. Since I wasn't ok last night, they fill me in on what I missed. Basically, The Husbands and I will be keeping The Triplets in town while Alma and the others get everything ready. Apparently, it's tradition for Felix and Agustín to take the triplets into town to have fun, relax, whatever they want.

"And now that Bruno has you, you'll be joining us!" Felix grins as he hands me an arepa. I look at him wide-eyed. There's no way they were informed so fast about last night!

"Wait, how did you guys know Bruno and I are together? It literally happened less than twelve hours ago! Did Riley or Mirabel tell you?" I ask. All four of then look like I just gave them the best news ever. Oh no. Pepa gets me in a death grip hug, a rainbow appearing in the kitchen. Julieta has a knowing smirk, and Felix is paying Agustín. I shake my head laughing at them. As they ask how it happened, Bruno manages to slide in to the kitchen, ruana crooked.

"Sorry I'm late!" He smiles, grabbing an arepa from the plate. Felix pulls Bruno into a bone cracking hug, congratulating him on being a 'sly old dog'. He looks over at me still being hugged by Pepa, and I tell him I accidentally spilled the beans. He smiles at that and manages to convince Pepa to let me go. He then has me stand up, sits in my chair, then plops me on his lap, hugging me from behind. I blush a little, and Bruno whispers in my ear, "Is this ok?"

"Yes, it's ok." I mumble, settling into his lap as my heart melts from his thoughtfulness. We finish our breakfast and are booted out of Casita, by Casita, to head into town. There's already a party, streamers up between stalls, people playing music, and snacks out everywhere. I look to Bruno and ask him what he would like to do first.

"Actually, I'd like to sneak away to the river with you." He grins. I take his hand and we sneak away, using alleyways and side streets to get free of town. We walk in companionable silence as we make our way through the trees. Once at the river, he finds a shady spot, sits down against a tree, and pulls me back into his lap. His arms wrap around my waist and hold me against him, but not too tightly. "Are you comfortable?" He asks me.

"Yep!" I smile, nuzzling into his neck a little. We fall silent for a few moments, just enjoying the breeze and the sound of the water. Bruno leans his head in and nuzzles the top of my head, his breath ghosting along my hairline.

"This is already the best birthday ever." He sighs contently.

"Even better than when you and your sisters got your Gifts?" I ask. He chuckles and tells me its a thousand percent better than even that. I move around so I'm sitting in my lap like I did for the vision, my forehead against his cheek and my arms around his torso. He rests his hands on my hip, then kisses my forehead. In all honesty, I'm quite surprised how comfortable and safe I feel.

"I do wish to talk to you about something." Bruno says.

"What about?" I ask, looking up at him. He looks down at me and smiles.

"Well, given how you reacted to a few things yesterday, I do believe you to be the type who is more... Accommodating in a relationship. Am I correct?" He asks. I blush and hide in his neck. He chuckles and moves a hand from my hip to take my chin between his thumb and forefinger, lifting my head to look at him. "I would very much like an answer." He smiles.

"Yes. In my world, we're called Subs. Short for Submissive." I blush as I answer.

"Sub. I like it. What would the opposite be called? The one who is more assertive." He asks, clearly enjoying my blushes.