Cat Fight

As I wake up, I feel warmer than normal. Like a space heater is keeping me extra warm. I also feel something pressed against my back and coming around my side to my chest. I blink my eyes open, surprised I'm not in my room. It takes me a few moments to realize I'm in Bruno's room. I remember last night and smile. I look down to find Bruno's arm is what's wrapped around me, his hand resting right over my heart. A calming warmth spreads in my chest. I rest my hand over his, and snuggle back into Bruno, feeling his breath on the back of my neck.

"Buenos días hermosa." He mumbles, sleep making his voice deep. He pulls me in closer, nuzzling my neck. I nuzzle back and we enjoy a few moments of calm silence. "Rose... Was what we did last night... Ok with you? I didn't exactly get your consent, and for that I'm sorry." Bruno mumbles. I turn around and face him. He looks worried. I take his hand and kiss his knuckles, hoping it puts him at ease.

"Trust me, Bruno. If I didn't want it, I wouldn't have even come to your room. You don't have to apologize. Also, let me say now that you have permission to do whatever you want to me. If it's too much for me, I'll tell you. Agreed?" I smile. He smiles back and agrees, shoulders relaxing. He kisses my palm, then my wrist, slowly kissing up my arm. His stubble tickles the sensitive skin, making me giggle. He gently pulls me in for a kiss, and I sigh at the feeling. His hand has trailed down my back and has started squeezing my ass. I tangle my free hand into his soft curls.

"Tío Bruno, have you seen Rose? She's not in her room." Suddenly comes Luisa's voice from behind the door. I thump my head against his chest and necklace, silently chuckling.

"Yes, she stayed the night in here. We'll be out in a few minutes." He calls out. Luisa thanks him and leaves. I whine and snuggle into his warm chest, not wanting to leave. "I know Bebita. But we have things to do and people to see today. We can continue later, ok?" He kisses my forehead and I mumble an ok. We reluctantly get out of bed and get dressed, heading down for breakfast. I can feel the knowing looks on Julieta and Pepa's faces as I sit between Riley and Mirabel.

"Rose, why were you in Bruno's room last night?" Alma asks.

"We were hanging out; reading books and talking. I guess at some point I accidentally fell asleep. Bruno was kind enough to let me sleep in his bed as he slept in his armchair." I answer so smoothly even I believe myself. Alma smiles, and tells Bruno she's proud of the gentleman he's become. I can feel Pepa holding in her laughter. We manage to get through breakfast, then I join Luisa and Leo in town. Luisa only does heavy lifting when absolutely needed, but we help around town in other ways. Mostly delivering goods between shops. The slow pace of just walking back and forth around town gives me plenty of time to watch the two. Leo makes Luisa laugh a lot more than she did before he arrived, and Leo is smiling more than I've seen him in our entire friendship. Oh yeah, it's time to ship these two together.

It's lunch time and both Isabela and Bruno have brought Julieta's stew for us. We sit and enjoy the stew and arepas. The magic from Julieta's Gift cures my aching back and sore feet. Leo asks about just what Julieta can heal, and it seems that so far she heals everything that's physical. No one in Encanto has died of anything but old age or horrible accidents since she got her Gift. I start thinking, wondering how much she can heal.

"Does it also heal incurable things? Like infertility?" I find myself asking before I can stop myself. Everyone looks at me in confusion except for Leo. He gives me a sad smile.

"I don't know. People don't seem to have any trouble having kids, so maybe?" Luisa asks, a little confused. Bruno is looking at me in concern.

"Why do you ask, Rose?" Isabela asks. I sigh and look down at the arepa in my hands.

"She thinks she can't have kids." Leo tells them. I hear Isa and Luisa make sad noises, and I scrunch my eyebrows in anger. I know he meant well, but that wasn't information for him to share. Before I can do or say anything I'd regret, I stand up and walk away, ignoring their calls of my name. I run into Julieta, Pepa, Agustín and Felix, who are on the way to the local bar for drinks. They see my expression and Pepa hooks her arm into mine, making me join them.