Chapter 12:....DAY 3 : You think you know someone...

Chapter 12

~Thomas’s POV~

“I just don’t get why you’re still mad, I told you Carson talked the bald guys out of it the moment they said it, so chill.” Grady said from across the room.

“That’s not the point Grady, you’re always doing stupid shit, if Carson hadn’t done something about it do you have any idea what kind of trouble I’d have been in?” I asked him seriously then watched as he simply shrugged, not looking at all as if he was sorry for what he had done.

“The bastards deserved it, discrimination is against the law.” He said again.

“Yeah you mean like how you discriminate against other homosexuals?” I said, but didn’t give him the chance to answer as I went on, “In any case, the pack doesn’t go by rules of the society, we have our own law and if you disrespect a member of the council you pay a serious price.” I emphasized, trying my best to get him to understand the implications of what he had done.

They wouldn’t have punished him of course because he wasn’t officially a member of the pack but they certainly would have dealt with me.

“I don’t get it, why’s the council so important, aren’t you and Carson the leaders?” Grady asked with furrowed brows. He was leaning against the wall with a half eaten apple in hand.

“Carson and I along with the council make up the executive members of the pack. The council advises Carson on how to rule and even though he doesn’t have to accept the advice given, he still has to at least take it into consideration.” I said, looking at him “Carson and I aren’t the law, we simply enforce the law that already exists, you understand?” I asked him.

“So you guys technically have no power then?” he asked, looking somewhat disappointed.

“Of course we have power, we can make new laws and the council answers to us but we don’t want to rule our pack in such a way that they think we’re immune to the law, that’s unfair to them, so to set it right, only Carson’s immune. Get it?”

“Yeah yeah.” He fanned me off and it was clear to me that he really hadn’t taken anything I’d just said seriously.

“Grady-” I started, ready to continue on with my lecture, but he held up his hand as if to silence me and I watched as he made his way over to where I sat, propped up against pillows.

In no time, he bowed his head until our faces were only inches apart and when I said nothing, he quickly pressed his lips to mine causing me to moan from the sheer pleasure of his touch. I tried to prolong the kiss, even rising my lips to meet his when he pulled away but he only chuckled.

“Be nice to me and I’ll take you out tomorrow.” He said with a cheeky smile and I bit back a growl of frustration.

He was treating me like a child but I couldn’t help the excitement that flowed through me at the thought of getting out of this place and so I clamped my mouth shut and waited for his next move…even though it pained me to do so.

“Good boy.” He chuckled and patted my head and I glared up at him, then took a deep breath to calm myself.

“So what’s on the agenda for today?” I asked, watching him munch on his apple as he sat on the coffee table facing me.

“Well the guys are coming over right after school, other than that, no plans.” He told me munching away.

“Aren’t you bored sitting here all day taking care of me?” I asked him seriously.

“Nah I’m great, wouldn’t mind if it was like this all the time.”  he replied with a smile that I couldn’t help returning.

I’d had a feeling he was in love with me before he had said the actual words, it was evident in the little things he did, the way he would look at me sometimes and the way he’d hold me just a little bit longer than was necessary when we hugged. But to hear him say the words? Ever since then whenever I looked at him it was as if I could see his love for me radiating from his very being.