Chapter 22: Thank God for a guy named Laken...

Chapter 22

~Jessie’s POV~

“Where is my mate?” he asked, this time his voice cold and deadly brooking no argument.

I had never been more afraid in my life.

“P-Please Thomas, I c-can’t.” I pleaded with him but his eyes narrowed even further.

Soon his wolf would take over again and he’d probably rip me to shreds. I took my eyes off his face for a second trying to figure out what I could to get out of my current situation, but his hands tightened on my shoulders and I cringed, looking back at him.

His eyes were already changing color which meant the change would be upon him soon. He pulled me off the wall and slammed me into it again and I let out a whimper. He was much stronger than me, there’s no way I’d make it out of this alive. Not unless…unless. That’s when it came to me. My syringe!

I’d slipped it into my coat pocket before I’d left the office this morning so that I could administer the sedative to any of my patients who needed something to more than calm them down. Jake and Grady hadn’t wanted it and I didn’t expect to use it in this way but I had no choice. Just as he let go of my shoulder with his right hand I reached into the lab coat pocket and as he was bringing his hand down to slam it into me I screamed out and brought my own hand up, plunging the needle into his neck.

He screamed in pain and let go of me completely, pulling the syringe out and glaring over at me. It was over by the time he managed the first step and I watched in horror as he fell to ground, his body unmoving.

…………………………………..

~Grady’s POV~

 They wouldn’t let me see Thomas.

It had been hours since the incident and they still refused to let me see him. They wouldn’t even tell me where he was and I was beyond frustrated. I found myself cursing under my breath for about the hundredth time that day as I looked over at my fellow hostage, - because that’s exactly what we were in my eyes-.

He was sitting on the couch across the room staring blankly at the muted television screen as he had been doing ever since we were thrown in here for our own ‘protection’. I had a feeling he was in shock but it was hard for me to give a shit when he was the one who had gotten us into this mess in the first place.

If he hadn’t kissed me then Thomas wouldn’t have gone ape shit on our asses and I wouldn’t be stuck here worrying like crazy and dying to see his face again. I sighed and pushed up from my seat, resuming my earlier pacing. Jake turned to look at me and his eyes followed me back and forth across the room.

He hadn’t uttered a word since our ordeal and the periodic looks he kept shooting me were always tinged with fear. He probably thought I was going to turn into a wolf and eat him. Ha! He was lucky I wasn’t a wolf; the little trouble maker.

I think what added to my frustration the most was the thought that Thomas probably thought it was me who instigated the kiss. He was probably out there feeling angry and betrayed and I couldn’t even go and explain myself to him.

Ugh!

 The two guards from earlier were still posted just outside the door with strict instructions not to let us out. I don’t know what Carson’s problem was but he was pissing me off to the max. I was going crazy in here!

I was halfway across the room again when the door banged open and Carson entered with Laken not far behind him.

“Time for our talk.” Carson announced, his eyes on Jake who stiffened when he realized Carson had addressed him.