Chapter 26: Don't bed the bad guy...

Chapter 26

~Thomas’s POV~

Now that I was back in my official role as Beta I’d been briefed on everything I had missed, which really wasn’t much. The only burning issue we’d really had during my absence was the whole fence situation.

Apparently we still didn’t know who tore it down or to what end and the suspected person had been cleared. It was indeed strange but we’d get to the bottom of it eventually.

I’d just dismissed the pack guards after assigning their duties, so now all that was left was for me to go meet Grady at his house. Today was an exciting day for us because it was the day Grady was officially moving in with me.

I’d talked Grady into getting his mom ‘forced’ help, I’d spoken to a few from my pack who worked at the rehabilitation centre in town and they’d agreed to it.

They would be detaining her there on the grounds that due to her present condition-that being that she was a severe alcoholic- she constituted a danger to herself and her son and was therefore in capable of caring for herself.

It hadn’t been a pretty sight when they’d dragged her away but it had to be done. If she continued along that path she was sure to end up dead before her son even started college.

Grady seemed hopeful that everything would go well and so was I. I hopped into my car and pulled the door shut then started the engine and in less than a minute I was off. We’d already made a trip back to my place with some of his stuff so this was the last of it.

This would have all been done already if only he hadn’t sold his own car and bought the bike but I’d already decided I wasn’t going to bring it up again. Grady knew what was best for him after all.-Sarcasm intended-

……………………………………………

“I just don’t get why you need a room of your own, you’re always in my room.” I said as I watched him unpack.

“It’s the principle of the thing Thomas.” Was all he said and I rolled my eyes.

“I still don’t get the point of that statement.” I mumbled and crouched to help him pull things out of the box he was going through.

“Me either but I’ve always wanted to say it.” He said with a shrug. “This room is for when we have fights and you throw me out of yours, I’m gonna need a place to sleep with easy access to my stuff.” He told me.

“You actually think I’d throw you out of my room?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Okay fine, it’s for when we have fights and I’m pissed to the point where I don’t wanna see your face.” He clarified and after pulling out the last of his gadgets from the box he straightened and turned to me.

“I’m hungry, take me on a date.” He said out of the blue.

“Oh certainly your majesty.” I mocked  with a shake of my head. I don’t know why he thought it was okay to order me around.

“This is what couples do, they go on dates. Don’t you want to be normal?” he asked me and I stood to face him.

“Nothing about us is normal, why start now?” I questioned and he shrugged.

“You’re the worst boyfriend I’ve ever had, I swear.” He said glaring at me.

“I’m the only boyfriend you’ve ever had dude.” I said with a chuckle and turned to head out the door.