Prologue

(A/N): (Y/N) looks exactly like you, with the exception that you have gray eyes. Gray represents the color of truth, and it will hopefully make sense as you read the story...hopefully.

⚠️Warning⚠️:
This story contains homophobia.
__________________________________

"The eyes are the window to the soul, the way to fall in love with someone is through their soul. Beauty doesn't last forever."

Someone once said to me, but how can you find love if you can't see through them? To me, the only thing I see in your face is an annoying burden. I could help you ease the pain, but your burden is something you must deal with on your own. I know it sounds selfish, but there's nothing I can do about it. Believe me, I tried.

It was a soft day, rain was falling from the sky as a boy ran through the town of Encanto laughing. His hair and clothes were soaked, but he appeared to be having a good time.

Mariano: Come on Y/N! Hurry up!

The boy yelled excitedly turning towards a girl with silver eyes. The girl looked at him, worried; it seems that she had more common sense since she walked carefully through the wet pavement, her clothes being soaked as well.

Y/N: Mariano be careful you co-

Before the silver-eye girl could finish the boy slipped on the wet pavement falling on his knees. It took him a while but the pain came to his body and so did the tears. The girl panicked and ran towards him.

Y/N: Mariano are you alright?!

Mariano: N-no I scratched my knees!

The boy said between sobs, the girl examined him, blood was falling from his bruises. She stood up helping the boy in the process.

Y/N: Don't cry Mariano come on let's go to Señora Julieta...

The boy nodded slowly as they make their way to Casita, the house of a magical family.

The two kids sited down on the house floor since they were all soaked. Señora Julieta was preparing something in the kitchen.

Mariano: Hey Y/N, have you ever been here before?

The 11 year old boy questioned, leaning his head on the girl's shoulder, trying to ignore the pain from his knees.

Y/N: Um...I was here once for a girl's ceremony but I don't remember her name...

Mariano: Do you remember what her gift did?

Y/N: No.

The children sited there bored out of their minds, when Señora Julieta finally came back. She smiled at them and knelt to their level.

Julieta: Here, children.

She handed each of them an arepa con queso. Mariano quickly bit into it but soon regretted it.

Mariano: Ah, is hot!

He blew into the arepa Y/N, chuckled, before looking at the one she had in her hand and then at Julieta.