Plum

Violet opened the door and immediately took a breath of fresh air, she didn't like losing her temper but she's also come to accept it, it would be one of her many flaws but that's okay as long as she knew how to handle it and not let herself slip too far. She continued to walk to an empty spot behind the school and sat down on a patch of grass, she knew school wouldn't be easy, she knew people would judge her but part of her wished they wouldn't, part of her wished she could just glide by without incident but she also knew it could have been way worse. At least people didn't know the reason why she moved here.

I can handle one asshole then.

Violet was pulled from her thoughts as someone sat down next to her, she didn't have to look to know who it was, " Are you alright Alice?"

Alice let out a non humorous chuckle, "I should be asking you that. I'm sorry about my brother."

Violet turned her head slightly towards her, "Don't be, it's not up to you to apologise for his actions. I, however, am sorry I ruined your family lunch with my temper."

"Don't be sorry either, Jasper usually doesn't lose his temper like that." Alice shook her head. " He's usually very in control of his emotions."

"I must really make him mad then." Alice had to bite her tongue from correcting Violet, even though Alice couldn't see Violet's future she could still see Jaspers, how happy Violet could make him, if only he'd let her.

After Alice didn't respond Violet turned to face her, "Did he apologise to you?" She asked, remembering what Jessica said about them being best friends.

Alice nodded, "As soon as you walked away Rosalie was onto him about his behaviour to the both of us and he apologised to me.. I just wish he'd apologise to you as well." Alice was still heartbroken with Jaspers choice to ignore his mate, he'd waited so long to find peace and when it stared him in the face he acted like an asshole, in Rosalie's words.

"It's alright Alice, I don't expect an apology and I'm glad he gave you one, I just hope you and your family aren't angry with me for my behaviour towards him."

Alice looked at Violet, "They're not angry with you, don't worry, if anything I think Rosalie likes you even more for sticking up for me."

"Really?" Violet tilts her head, " I thought she was just being nice to me because of you." She questions.

Alice shook her head, "Trust me, no one can get Rosalie to do things she doesn't want to, she's stubborn and will tell you what she thinks even when you don't want to hear it but she's also very loyal and protective... I think that's why your growing on our very own ice queen." Alice chuckles making Violet follow suit, " Your strong and you stand up for yourself and clearly you've got no issues standing up for others and Rosalie respects that and so do I."

Violet for the first time really looked at Alice and Alice could see how grateful Violet was for her words, making Alice think she must not be use to hearing it.

"Thank you Alice."

They continued to sit in peace and quiet for the rest of lunch, just enjoying the fact that in a way they both knew they were there for one another.

************

The rest of Violet's day was, thankfully, uneventful. Once lunch was over Alice and Violet said their goodbye, Alice going back to her sibling and Violet seeking out Bella. Violet didn't mention the altercation she had with one particular Cullen because she didn't want Bella to worry but it didn't stop Bella from questioning her slightly.

"Where did you go? I turned around and you were just gone? I was worried." Bella said quickly once seeing her little sister.

Violet shook her head, "I'm sorry, I just went outside for some fresh air."