Eggplant

"You will see now...What kind of a monster I am..... Come in."

Jasper stared into Violet's stormy eyes, he could practically see them darken as she spoke. Hearing the door to his home open Jasper turned his head along with his family. Jasper couldn't help but let out an involuntary feral hiss at the intruder before looking back at Violet who was staring straight ahead with a unrecognisable look on her face.The other Cullen siblings slowly manoeuvre around Jasper and Violet whereas Esme Cullen steps beside her husband who's just in front of them, a wall to shield his children if need be.

"Why did you come here?" Carlisle Cullen speaks up for his family.

The vampire raises his hands, trying to not look threatening, "My name is Laurent. I've come to warn you."

Jaspers grip on Violet was firm and the growl that came deep from inside his chest was monstrous and caused Laurent to look over at him.

"Why would you warn us?" Carlisle spoke directly taking the intruders gaze off his son and Violet.

Laurent tilted his head, "I've come to regret my actions in the field." He spoke almost slyly, "It was not my intentions to initiate discord nor would I want to make an infraction to those who could be friends."

Carlisle nodded, "I am willing to listen to your warning"

Laurent smiled, "I'm afraid my companions won't stop until they get the girl, your coven mates reaction on the field saw to that." Laurent then looks over at Violet with scrutiny, "...and whatever ..human? You keep in your company has made an interesting game to them." Jasper growled at his words, he didn't want anyone interested in his mate. His. Mate. Jasper's mind was growing darker at the threat to his mate... but he wasn't the only one growing darker.

"Now that I have listened, I think it's best if you leave." Carlisle concluded making Laurent nod, "Perhaps we'll meet again." He smiles.

"No... You will not leave yet."

*********

Violet P.O.V

The words leave my lips like a gust of wind, strong and unforgiving. I look up at Jasper who's still gripping my arms securely, bringing my own hands up I place them gently on his elbows and give him a knowing look, 'I'll be okay' his eyes darken as my voice floats through his mind and he slowly releases his hold. For the first time since he entered the home I turn and face Laurent. The tall vampire looked rigid making me smile at him and I watch the panic start to seep in, slowly he starts to shake slightly making my gaze intensify,

"You will not leave. You will stay exactly as you are."

Instantly he becomes still, so still it was eyre. Feeling someone come up beside me I turn to see it's Emmett who looks almost enthralled at the vampire in front of him, "Whoa..." he treads closer, "Damn Violet! For a human that's one hell of a gift!"

I tilt my head at him, not expecting that reaction.

Carlisle stepped towards me making my sight shift, "What do you intend to do?" He questions me.

Carful with my voice I answer him, "There is more he can tell us. More he can tell me." My voice still sounded that of a stranger but I knew the difference.. could feel the difference between just talking and a command.

"What is this?" Laurent whisper out in shock.

I slowly walk directly in front of him like a snake slithering through grass, smiling up at him with a wicked smirk, "It's your will becoming my own."