Mulberry

Violet P.O.V

My heart was filled with dread as I opened the front door, walking through the threshold I instantly walk towards the living room where I could see Charlie's silhouette at the dining room table. When Charlie turns in his chair towards me I felt my heart clench, moving his left hand up I instantly notice my phone in his hand. Walking forward I grasp his hand with both of mine, "I'm so sorry. I forgot it and I didn't think to call-"

"It's okay kiddo," Charlie sighed, " I was just about to come looking for you when Carlisle called and said you were at the Cullens house with Alice and Rosalie."  I closed my eyes in a silent thank you to Carlisle, "I thought you would have went with Bells," I open my eyes as his voice cracks, "You know.. to Phoenix...instead of being stuck here with me." My anger was quick to rush to the surface so I had to release Charlie's hand. It had slipped my mind that Edward said I had to deal with Charlie when I returned home and now I knew what he meant. Taking a deep breath I reach for his hand again, " I'm not leaving you Charlie."

Tears started to fall down his cheeks, " Maybe you should Violet. Renee could give you a better life.. understand you more."

Shaking my head I squeeze his hand, " I love Renee..but Renee didn't adopt me, you did," Charlie's glassy eyes met mine, " And I'll be forever grateful for that because I couldn't have been giving a better home, a loving home and... another chance."

Charlie was quick to stand from his chair embracing me gently, "Thank you Violet."

"She'll be okay Charlie."

"I hope so."

*********

My nights sleep was restless, it was spent tossing and turning, I barely slept. I was on edge, worried for Bella's safety. I haven't heard anything from the Cullens and a part of me was getting impatient. I felt useless. Bella had sent a message early morning saying that they were close to Phoenix but nothing since then and it had been hours. Charlie had somehow manage to leave for work after some convincing that I'd be okay on my own, I could tell he needed a distraction and work could be that for him. My distraction is usually drawing but unfortunately for me it wasn't really helping at the moment.I look down at the drawing and grimace. It was morbid to look at but my current state didn't let me draw anything else, my inner emotions coming out clear on the page. My eyes follow the details of the clock I drew, it was made out of a cluster of bones that you would only get if you dig up a graveyard, with hands grasping at it from all angles. The message was clear to me, there's no escaping time or getting it back. I huff looking up at the actual clock in the living room. It's been another two hours. Looking at my phone. Nothing.

Where are you Bella?

Bang bang.

The back door rattles harshly making me get up quickly from the table, pausing for a moment I wait.

"Violet?"

I rush forward at the sound of Carlisle light calming voice, I quickly unlock the door swinging it open, "Carlisle!" My eyes are quick to flicker over him then to Esme who's not far behind him.

"What's happen?" I quickly question him, "Is Bella safe?"

Carlisle steps forward, "Bella is fine," he says reassuringly, "Our plan to allude the tracker has ran its corse, he's aware Bella isn't in forks anymore."

I stumble forward, "So what does this mean? What's the plan?" My panic clearly coming out.

Esme steps forward this time grabbing my hands, "It's okay sweetheart. We're all going to meet up with Bella and protect her."

My head shakes, "I'm coming."

Carlisle steps forward resting a hand on my shoulder, "That is not a wise decision Violet, consider your condition-"