Chapter 2, Part 3 - The Prodigy

The busy streets of Sunrise Town now appeared even livelier than usual as Team Spirit passed through its colorful rows of stalls and tents. Crowds of Pokémon clamored excitedly while craning their necks and looking around in excited anticipation. In one such crowd, Trevor saw a giddy-faced Budew poking her bulbous head upwards and scanning her surroundings elatedly as she stood atop the hands of a motherly Roselia.

"Wonder what the excitement's all about," Aiden mused audibly as her and Trevor slowly attempted to navigate around the densely packed crowds, "Guess something big's going on. I'll just ask someone what's going on after we find ourselves a mission."

After making their way through several hordes of jostling Pokémon, both Trevor and Aiden found themselves in front of the glittering, golden Lucario statue which marked the town's center point. "Alright Treph," Aiden stated while straightening her bandanna using the fountain water's glossy, reflective surface, "I'm gonna rush over to the request board to find us a job while they're still available. You brought those badges like I asked, right?"

"Yep," Trevor answered, shuffling through his bag and taking out a bronze badge which shimmered in the sunlight.

"Cool, I'm gonna need one of those," Aiden said as she took it from Trevor's hands, "In the meantime, I'm gonna need you to get us some good items with some of that money we just got. You can do that, right?"

Trevor began tugging on the strap of his satchel nervously. "I'm... not so sure. I mean, I barely knew what I was doing the first time I shopped! Do you really think I should be the one handling our inventory?"

Aiden rolled her eyes. "C'mon, Treph, you gotta build that confidence of yours! You're in charge of our bag now, so you deserve to choose what goes in it. Just follow your gut, and you'll be fine!"

"I... okay," Trevor conceded. "I'll do my best!"

"Atta boy!" Aiden praised before giving Trevor a playful slap on the back and rushing off into the distance. Trevor, meanwhile, wandered around town while looking around for any shops that were occupied and, before long, came across the vibrant sign marking the Explorer's Haven. On the left side of the colorful stall sat Camo; his hazy, half closed eyes gave the impression that he teetering on the verge of sleep. To his right stood a taller Kecleon with purple skin, green stripes, and a vigilant expression. She swiftly turned her head eagerly upon noticing Trevor nearing by.

"Hey Camo," she stated in a prickly voice, "Is this the one you were talking about a month back? Camo?"

Camo continued to stare off into space with an absentminded smile, seemingly unresponsive to the question. Beady eyes flaring in annoyance, the purple Kecleon inched towards him and practically shouted into his ear, "Hey, CAMO!"

"Ah!" Camo abruptly jerked his head upwards to find the the purple Kecleon glaring at him apprehensively. In his efforts to avert his gaze, he suddenly noticed Trevor awkwardly standing nearby. All the Meowth could think to do was give him an awkward wave.

"Oh, hey Trevor! Long time no see-" was all Camo managed to say before the purple Kecleon forcefully twisted his head back towards her. "Camo, how many times do I have to remind you to pay attention during work hours?!" she scolded, "Customers don't want a shopkeeper who can't pay attention, and we really can't afford to lose any business right now!"

"Oh c'mon, sis," Camo responded sheepishly, "It's not like anybody's gonna shop here today anyways. Alpha's visiting, isn't he? Everybody's gonna be too fixated on him to do any shopping."

"Err- actually," Trevor interrupted, "I came here to shop, if you don't mind."

"Hah!" The purple Kecleon flashed a matter-of-fact smirk towards a sour-faced Camo before turning towards Trevor enthusiastically. "Hey there, Trevor! My name is Kino! My lazy brother, Camo here, told me all about you. Nice work, helping to put away those horrid rookie crushers, by the way! That was real heroic of you!"