Chapter 14, Part 1 - The Sun Shall Set

After every Pokémon that still remained returned to the Barren Continent and the news of what had transpired at the tower had been delivered, all that remained was for Trevor to find himself back in a familiar world of swirling pastel colors once more in the middle of resting from a draining day of answering a seemingly endless torrent of questions. After all the clutter and chaos of the past few days, Trevor found himself inevitably enjoying this newfound serenity enough to consider simply drifting around in complete silence. Nevertheless, he swiftly mustered the will to concentrate his weary thoughts into audible form.

"Uxie?" Trevor tentatively called out, his inner thoughts manifesting into an echoing voice which spread out across the dream world's infinite space.

And sure enough, the familiar twin-tailed Mythical almost instantly apparated in front of Trevor with a brief flash of light, slight hints of a warm smile betraying his mostly neutral expression.

"Hello, Trevor." Uxie greeted, the red jewel on his forehead glinting slightly, "It's been a while, hasn't it? And so much has happened during that time. I always appreciate these moments, where the cluttered insanity of the real world can be circumvented by a pleasant conversation in this more peaceful space."

"...Yep." was all Trevor's fatigue-addled brain could come up with in response.

Sensing the human's current mood was less than stellar at the moment, Uxie found it appropriate to get to the point quicker. "I would like to offer my most sincere condolences for everything you have been through these past few days- especially in respect to your fallen partner. What occurred at the Temporal Tower... everything you had to witness... it must be hard for you."

Trevor didn't respond immediately, instead casting his gaze downwards and grimacing slightly, as if the sound of Luka's name being uttered alone was enough to reopen some wound which stubbornly refused to close. Uxie offered a sad, understanding smile in response.

"I would also like to offer my thanks, however much that's worth." the Mythical added softly, "You have performed a feat which even us Mythicals were incapable of accomplishing. For that, I, alongside every other Mythical, are eternally grateful."

"Thank you. I... really appreciate your kind words..." Trevor murmured while slowly shaking his head. "But it was Luka who gave his life for the sake of this world. He's the one who should really be thankful for, not me."

A brief period of silence permeated throughout this vast place before Trevor began speaking once again. "How's Dialga doing?"

Uxie let out a little sigh and floating around on his back as if he was laying on some tall, invisible mattress. "His recovery has been going smoothly. I have recently had the... err... pleasure of speaking with him, which brings us to the main reason why I am here."

For the first time since this unexpected reunion, Trevor could glimpse traces of uneasiness etched onto the Mythical's usually calm features.

"You see, Dialga has requested that I pass on a message regarding your... humanity."

Uxie "As you already know, Dialga plays a key role in the stability of the space-time continuum. His powers are the reason why you have been brought here- why you have taken this... cuddlier form."

Trevor briefly ran a paw across one of his long, furry arms as if he hadn't been living in this body for over a year now. He could already begin inferring what Uxie was about to say, yet remained silent anyways.

"Well," Uxie continued, "Considering Dialga was ultimately the one who put you here... he is also capable of sending you back."

Although Trevor had completely expected this revelation, a sudden chill nevertheless seemed to run down his spine as each syllable seemed to forcibly shoot themselves into his ears.